Interesting Emotional/Betting Angle

Ghost of Dwight Drane

In an effort to try and watch the Sabres with a slightly more positive attitude this year, I passed on wagering against them tonight.

However......I did find an ineresting statistic which I may try to use.

In the 40 games FOLLOWING a game where the Sabres played in an Overtime and/or Shootout the past 2 seasons, the Sabres are 11-29.

I don't know why that is.....I can speculate it is being a little tired, or emotionally drained from a close game. It could be chance. But it is what it is. They were 6-15 in '07/'08 and 5-14 in '08/'09.

In an effort to try and watch the Sabres with a slightly more positive attitude this year, I passed on wagering against them tonight.

However......I did find an ineresting statistic which I may try to use.

In the 40 games FOLLOWING a game where the Sabres played in an Overtime and/or Shootout the past 2 seasons, the Sabres are 11-29.

I don't know why that is.....I can speculate it is being a little tired, or emotionally drained from a close game. It could be chance. But it is what it is. They were 6-15 in '07/'08 and 5-14 in '08/'09.

Interesting. The next question would be, of course, how many of the 2nd games were played on back-to-back nights. Of course, if you were to use those numbers as a means to bet against the Sabres for the next game, I would think it would be somewhat skewed, since there is 6 days between games 1 and 2.

That is a horrible stat though, regardless of the time between games.

Interesting. The next question would be, of course, how many of the 2nd games were played on back-to-back nights. Of course, if you were to use those numbers as a means to bet against the Sabres for the next game, I would think it would be somewhat skewed, since there is 6 days between games 1 and 2.

That is a horrible stat though, regardless of the time between games.

Good point...

In back to back games after an OT they are 1-6

However games 3+ days after an OT game they are 3-10

That leaves them 7-13 with a day of rest in between.

Home......5-15 (0-3, 1-5, 4-7)

Away......6-14 (1-3, 2-5, 3-6)

Good point...

In back to back games after an OT they are 1-6

However games 3+ days after an OT game they are 3-10

That leaves them 7-13 with a day of rest in between.

Home......5-15 (0-3, 1-5, 4-7)

Away......6-14 (1-3, 2-5, 3-6)

Eeesh...That is definitely not what I thought it was going to be. I expected a number closer to .500 for the 3+ days number. Not good.

Archived