My Trade Rumblings

PTS

I just spoke to a good friend who is very knowledgeable and connected in the hockey world. I asked him what he's heard in regards to the Sabres and besides the goalies he told me that don't be surprised if Connolly is shipped out. He said Max is an option only because Edmonton is incredibly hot for him and they may offer something Darcy can't refuse.

He watched the morning skate today and said that Tim Connolly is simply not ready to play yet. He said he can visibly see that he's still a week or two away from coming back. However, the Sabres cleared him to play to make it seem like he's ready to play to give him better trade value. He said there would be a lot of interest in him. Jordan Leopold for Timmer straightup is an option as Leopold has fallen into Sutter's doghouse and the Flames can use another offensive forward.

I spoke to him about the Tuzzi for Biron rumor and as we both laughed he said it's a remote possibility but it barely makes any sense. He said Bert wants out of Vancouver ASAP. Islanders might want him back as well. We both agreed that if it came to that, we'd make that trade but it could back fire as Bert is a solo-floater. His personality won't fit well with this team.

That being said, bring on Bob Corkum! :P jk of course.

I don't feel Darcy needs to do anything unless it makes perfect sense.

Explain to me what Edmonton could possibly offer that would justify shipping Afinogenov there.....Max is breaking out in my opinion and he will only get better in the "new" NHL. Pronger? He is too old. None of their defenseman are adequate return for Max....their best forwards are Shawn Horcoff, Ryan Smyth, Ales Hemsky, Jarrett Stoll....Horcoff is a center and we don't need another one....Smyth is very injury prone and isnt getting any younger. Hemsky doesn't score enough goals and is as streaky as they come. Stoll is the only one that makes sense, but even that is a lateral move at best. I don't get why we would move Max, especially to Edmonton. I mean sure I would love Ovechkin for Max, but that isnt gonna happen. Any realistic returns for Max aren't worth making the deal, they are either lateral moves or just plain stupid moves.

You are preaching to the choir man. I wouldn't trade Max at all if it was up to me but Edmonton has been trying to make a serious play for him for a long time. Even before this season if I remember.

You are preaching to the choir man. I wouldn't trade Max at all if it was up to me but Edmonton has been trying to make a serious play for him for a long time. Even before this season if I remember.

Sorry man, thought you were saying it was ok to move Max to Edmonton

Archived