Pirates give up third period lead; fall in shootout

wildcat48

Pirates give up third period lead; fall in shootout

February 7, 2009

Glens Falls, NY ? Jhonas Enroth made 44 saves to hold the Albany River Rats to two goals in 65 minutes of play, but Pat Dwyer and Jonathan Paiement scored in the shootout as the River Rats downed the Portland Pirates, 3-2, in front of an announced sellout crowd of 5,462 at the Glens Falls Civic Center on Saturday night.

These two teams will meet again on Tuesday, as the Pirates will play at the home of the NHL parent club Buffalo Sabres, HSBC Arena.

Read the rest of this entry ?

sounds like Gerbe missed seven games because of (another?) concussion. If I'm not mistaken, he

had the infamous "upper body injury" and missed time with the Sabres. Is that two concussions

in less than three months?

I wondered the same thing. If it is, i'd be all for trying to package Gerbe with a Paille and try to get a real nice player back in return. Besides, we have 2 other midgets who are going to Portland next season....

lol about the midgets. we call them little people.

but no, gerbe aint going anywhere. he captain material. he will be an allstar in the nhl -- so he aint getting traded. but kennedy is another story. and funk, dylan hunter and zagrapan are being scouted...

I wondered the same thing. If it is, i'd be all for trying to package Gerbe with a Paille and try to get a real nice player back in return. Besides, we have 2 other midgets who are going to Portland next season....

Archived