[OT] 2K9 or EA09

Guest Sloth

2k9 or EA 09?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Videogame hockey debate

• 2K9
    • EA 09

Guest Sloth
I may be wrong about this, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that CT will NOT be released on the Virtual Console because Square-Enix announced that they'd be releasing Chrono Trigger with updated graphics for the Nintendo DS. Since I already have a DS, I'll probably still buy it because CT is my favorite all time RPG.

Yeah, I played Secret of Mana years ago. That game was probably known best because you could play multiplayer once you get to the point in the story where you had two people in your party. Very nice.

As for the Final Fantasies, I actually haven't played any since the SNES days, except for FF7 for the PC, which I borrowed from a friend. So, I can't really comment on how that series has gone.

It's going to be interesting to see which console wins the RPG system title, if you want to call it that. The SNES had no contest. PS1 and 2 controlled their generations. Some would want to quickly say PS3 will take this generation as well, but the 360 has alread had a few major RPG hits. Oblivion and Mass Effect were great games. What I liked about Oblivion was the fact you could do what you wanted to do when you wanted to do it. There wasn't a direction you had to go. It was fun to "explore" the land of Oblivion. For those of you who haven't played it, the layout of the "land" is literally 16 square miles. It was fun to find things a lot of people were unable or unwilling to. You could beat Oblivion in 20 hours or play it for 160 hours or so. That's what I loved about the game. It fit everyone's choice of play. What made Mass Effect cool was something we all do every day and that is making decisions. Whatever decision you made would effect the rest of the game. You could literally go through the game a number of times and have a completely different game...to a certain extent. An example that may get some of you to play it just to laugh at it is the possibility of you having a "relationship" w/ another person in the game. Some people see the sex scene, which doesn't show anything, and some people never have the chance to. That's how detailed the game is. Some people could turn against you or they can be an allie. It all depends on what you decide to do in the game. Videogames are getting extremely detailed and it's making the whole experience even more enjoyable. You guys should check out the trailers for Oblivion and Mass Effect on youtube. It'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Just a quick question. Have any of you played these games before? They are a blast.

One more thing I should point out. I like these games a lot, but I certainly do not waste most of my free time playing them. It's more of an hour here or an hour here type of thing. My wife would kill me if I sat in front of a TV playing videogames all of the time. Now, she does get somewhat mad at me during the hockey season. I THINK she understands it all, though. It's the Buffalo Sabres for crying out loud! She does dislike the hockey videogames. I play those the most and she cannot stand it when I'll play an entire season and continue to play w/ the franchise mode.

My honest concern isn't 2K9 or EA09 (2K9 for wii, EA09 for anything else) but how is buffalo going to be rated in both of these games?

I get the feeling that all of the above are going to be lower (OFF,DEF,GOA). Even though the offense was still very good and the goal tending was average for the most part.

Any thoughts?

Guest Sloth
My honest concern isn't 2K9 or EA09 (2K9 for wii, EA09 for anything else) but how is buffalo going to be rated in both of these games?

I get the feeling that all of the above are going to be lower (OFF,DEF,GOA). Even though the offense was still very good and the goal tending was average for the most part.

Any thoughts?

It depends if they involve team chemistry. If they do, the Sabres offense should be in the 90's. If they base it on individual ratings, the Sabres offense will be in the lower 80's. The same thing applies to the Sabres defense, but it'd be bad either way. Miller's rating may go down. He was rated an 87, from what I can remember, in 2K8.

Archived