Should the Sabres retire Hasek's #39???

mis3384

How quickly time goes by....Remember Hasek's last press conference in Buffalo?

Dominik was asked when he went in the Hall of Fame would he enter as a Sabre or a Red Wing? ?Right now, as a Red Wing,? said Dominik. Wow... Thats a nice comment for the fans/city who cheered you on to 6 Vezina Trophies and 2 Hart Trophies...not to mention the 9Mil the team paid him in the final year of his deal.

Oh..There's more though!

Hasek also went onto say: ?I felt I had done all I could here in Buffalo,? He said. ?I felt I couldn?t get better here. I felt I needed a change.? Followed by another zinger...?I wanted to go to Detroit,? Hasek said. My biggest desire is to win the cup. I feel Detroit has a better chance than Buffalo. The Sabres are too young. They are two maybe three years away. My time is running out. Detroit is more talented than Buffalo.?

Which leads me to my all time favorite Hasek line as he thanked the fans and city of Buffalo for all their best....

?On Saturday night I told Darcy he was asking too much for me. I said, ?No. I won?t go to Detroit if they give too many players. No way! We need the players there. I need every good player. No way I go.? ?

Real class exhibited by this guy.... He doesn't deserve to be up there next to Pat, Gilbert and the boys.

Archived