Patrick Kane Argument

ExiledInIllinois

I am arguing with a co-worker right now about Pat Kane... This co-worker was born and raised in south side of Chicago and is a big Sox fan... He was at the Sox home opener vs. the Twins and saw Kane, Toews, etc.... And shouted:

"Sabres suck!"

He is a 'Hawks fan too since birth (as I am frequently reminded)... <_<

I cut him slack because it seems he was a big Mogliny fan back in the day and was just trying to get attention. He was young and smart, a closet Sabres fan... 2 Years younger than me 38...

The agrument?

Will Pat come play in BFLO at his first opportunity?

??

Can we put the "farm" back in "farm club" when it comes to talking about the BlackHawks and BFLO?

:chris:

I think Kane might come to Buffalo if he had the opportunity, but that would only come via trade since he's not eligible for UFA for at least 6 years, or if he becomes an incredible waste of talent and only becomes a marginal player who would be affordable to the Sabres if this management team is still in place. By this I mean, if this Kane wins the Calder Trophy and goes on to have 5-6 years of success in the NHL, there's no way the Sabres could or would sign him as he would be too expensive. It might be possible for Kane to come to Buffalo when he's 38, a grizzled veteran who could provide leadership and wouldn't cost more than $2 million/year adjusted for inflation and cost of living. That's my opinion.

Quick question, if he's such a Chicago fan, why is that first thing that he would say is "Sabres Suck!"? Shouldnt it be "Go Hawks!" or something? I dont understand that

Because he knows me.

It is strange here... I go to the Sabres-'Hawks game and everybody shouts: "Detroit sucks!"

Strange.

He wanted to see what kind of reaction, knowing Kane was born a Sabres fan. Typical Chicago!

This guy like I said was really big into Mogilny when he was about 19 for some strange reason too!

Watch... Now that old man Wirtz kicked the bucket and ALL home games will be on Cable next year, you will see a re-birth to the BlackHawks...

Archived