A disturbing Google trend

Bmwolf21

Just something to lighten the mood...

So I use Firefox and have the Google Toolbar installed. For those that don't have it, the toolbar has a search box that offers suggestions as you type, based on the most popular searches. The last few searches for NHL players - Tim Connolly, Max, and a couple others - one of the first suggestions that comes up is the player's name + "girlfriend" (i.e. when typing Max's full name the first suggestion was "maxim afinogenov girlfriend.")

So...puck bunnies hoping the players are single, or creepy internet guys looking to see if the players are pulling hot tail, or what?

So I use Firefox and have the Google Toolbar installed. For those that don't have it, the toolbar has a search box that offers suggestions as you type, based on the most popular searches. The last few searches for NHL players - Tim Connolly, Max, and a couple others - one of the first suggestions that comes up is the player's name + "girlfriend" (i.e. when typing Max's full name the first suggestion was "maxim afinogenov girlfriend.")

So...puck bunnies hoping the players are single, or creepy internet guys looking to see if the players are pulling hot tail, or what?

I'd say creepy internet guys starting with this board, I seem to remember a thread about this in the not to distant past.

I'd say split down the middle between groupies and tail hunters. I remember someone posting a link to some scary site that seemed to track the single/taken status of some players.

But I also remember the thread with pics of Max's hot gf.

/creepy internet guy raises hand. :)

Archived