Injury updates?

Bring Back Sanderson

Hey guys...based on the injury timetables released by the Sabres and Briere's comments before the break, I'm assuming Hecht, Kalinin, and Briere will be back on March 1st vs Atlanta...and possibly Connolly too. Mair I don't know about, but he almost seems like a spare part now with Gaustad playing extremely well and Pyatt showing a little more sandpaper in his game.

Any injury updates on any of these guys? Have there been any setbacks? Can we expect Briere-Connolly-Drury-Gaustad down the middle when the NHL returns? If they're all back, obviously it creates a numbers problem...but one that will be fun to discuss. The Sabres are already a pretty good goal scoring team, but if all of these guys are back along with a healthy Dumont, Hecht back on the wing, Vanek getting continually better and Pominville a viable goal scorer now, I think this team can be one of the more dynamic offensive teams in the league....if Lindy Ruff allows them to be.

Any word on whether or not all of these guys will be back for certain on March 1st?

Based on Darcy's comments on The Morning Skate podcast, it sounds like all the guys will be back except Mair.

After March 9, the rosters expand and we can keep everyone up. Numbers game might not matter with having to send players to Roch.

Archived