(OT) Buffalo Bandits?

JohnRobertEichel

I have yet to find any good Bandits message boards out there, so I figured I'd start an ongoing off-topic thread here to carry through the end of the NLL season...assuming SDS and the mods have no problem with that.

So I know the Sabres have a big game against Toronto in a couple hours, but don't forget that our Bandits (7-4 record) also have a big game tonight (7:30pm at the HSBC, against the top team in the NLL: Colorado). A Bandits win here would not only be their 6th straight win after a rough start to the season, but it would also go a long way towards proving their legitimacy for a Champion's Cup title. And seriously, how cool would that be to see the mayor of Buffalo hoisting both the Stanley Cup and the Champion's Cup at City Hall :w00t: ? Crossing my fingers...

ugh... the last bandits game I went to was the championship game last season which they got destroyed by colorado. On a good note after said drubbing they put the sabres/sens game on the jumbo tron a good 400 - 500 people stuck around to see pominville put away the sens. a crappy night turned into a great night.

a handful of bandits games have been on vs. this year... been fun to watch

Yeah, I posted here (as opposed to TSW) because I figured there would be a lot of guys like you on this board, since box lacrosse has many similarities to hockey. Both are very physical, fast-paced indoor sports with 5 players plus a goalie. Also, both sports have strong popularity in Canada.

VS has been showing NLL games, and I believe NBC or one of the major stations is going to show the playoff games. VS is nice, but ESPN would be so much better for the league's exposure. If ESPN worked for poker, I figure lacrosse has a GREAT chance. The current NLL commissioner, Jim Jennings, has a plan to make the NLL the 5th most popular sports league in the US using the NHL's expansion model. It's possible, but hopefully he doesn't make the same TV contract mistakes that Bettman has made...

Bandits win 19-15! Nice to see at least one of our Buffalo teams show up to play tonight. A respectable crowd of over 15K fans were there. Tavares took complete control of this game with an impressive 7 goals and 6 assists. 6 wins in a row now!

Next up: Chicago, next Saturday, 7:30pm at HSBC.

Archived