More on Biron trying to recrut Briere....

navybillsfan

Lupien, Biron to TalkToday @ 6:54 AM ET | Comments (1)

Gilles Lupien, the agent for Flyers goalie Marty Biron, will be talking him to day about his contract situation, BEFORE he agrees to meet with Flyers brass.

Biron wants to re-sign. Wants to bring Danny Briere here (gonna be tough to do that).

But Lupien needs to discover a couple of things. Does Biron want to re-sign right now or wait to see how the final 16 games play out? Does he want to test free agency? There were clubs inquiring about him the past two seasons.

And what number does he want to settle at? He's making $2.128 million and I figure this next contract should average close to $3.0 over 3-4 years.

?I left Paul Holmgren a message,? Lupien told me. ?I said I wanted to talk to Marty tomorrow before we proceed.?

It would not be out of character for Lupien to re-sign his client in-season rather than wait for free agency. He re-signed Denis Gauthier in-season last March.

Lupien, Biron to TalkToday @ 6:54 AM ET | Comments (1)

Gilles Lupien, the agent for Flyers goalie Marty Biron, will be talking him to day about his contract situation, BEFORE he agrees to meet with Flyers brass.

Biron wants to re-sign. Wants to bring Danny Briere here (gonna be tough to do that).

But Lupien needs to discover a couple of things. Does Biron want to re-sign right now or wait to see how the final 16 games play out? Does he want to test free agency? There were clubs inquiring about him the past two seasons.

And what number does he want to settle at? He's making $2.128 million and I figure this next contract should average close to $3.0 over 3-4 years.

?I left Paul Holmgren a message,? Lupien told me. ?I said I wanted to talk to Marty tomorrow before we proceed.?

It would not be out of character for Lupien to re-sign his client in-season rather than wait for free agency. He re-signed Denis Gauthier in-season last March.

biron?

tryin to get danny?

basicly no matter how much you give him he wont come back.

nice pic of briere from all-star game

post-1348-1173313244_thumbjpg

On another note... DON'T SHOOT ME... But, IMO the Biron trade may have been the prudent thing to do in all... Lately though I have some bad karma... Darcy got picks, that is it... And robbed Marty of a chance to get a Cup... I think that bad karma may rob the Sabres the Cup! The more and more I look at it, the trade seems real "pimpy."

:bag:

On another note... DON'T SHOOT ME... But, IMO the Biron trade may have been the prudent thing to do in all... Lately though I have some bad karma... Darcy got picks, that is it... And robbed Marty of a chance to get a Cup... I think that bad karma may rob the Sabres the Cup! The more and more I look at it, the trade seems real "pimpy."

:blink:

"robbed"?

Isn't Marty the one that wanted out?

From that article link on the TSR front page, I thought that Marty decided to ask his agent to wait a couple of weeks. He needs to work on convincing his wife about going there. Personally, Philly area is not my cup of tea (no offence to anyone on here who lives around there). I think the ladies can have a big influence on how things play out. Mine certainly does anyways.

:blink:

"robbed"?

Isn't Marty the one that wanted out?

True... Very true...

Darcy is shrewd though, hard to fault him... But, I just can't help feeling that he played Marty's wanting out for what it is worth... The Sabres picked up picks alone... Right before a major playoff run where the Cup is VERY possible... The lateness of the deal is where I get bad karma... Again, true Marty wanted out!

See where I am coming from? I am just purely looking at it from the "honor angle"... Yet, hockey is a business... And loyalty and honor may have no part in that business?

Just picking up a lot of bad vibes... Not sure where Danny stands on it personally and more impotantly PRIVATELY?!

I don't like the timing...

It's not Karma, It's business. And without it, you wouldn't be watching the team we have on the ice right now.

Marty wanted out, Darcy found a way to parlay it into something for us. Which is what he does best.

It was pimpy. Darcy's a pimp and that's why we love him.

It's not Karma, It's business. And without it, you wouldn't be watching the team we have on the ice right now.

Marty wanted out, Darcy found a way to parlay it into something for us. Which is what he does best.

It was pimpy. Darcy's a pimp and that's why we love him.

You are right... I just don't want to be the "Patriots on ice"... No matter how many Cups it brings!!!

Makes my skin crawl... :sick: :sick:

:o

from this morning's Philly Inquirer...

Briere to Flyers?

Now that contract talks between the Flyers and Martin Biron have begun, the newest goalie on the club would like to some company from his fellow Buffalo Sabres.

Biron has already begun pitching the Flyers to center Danny Briere.

"I think they have their minds set on what they have to do in Buffalo," Biron said. "Danny was my roommate this year. When I left, I told him I would put in a good word for him."

Biron agrees it is going to be stretch for the Sabres to re-sign both Briere and Chris Drury.

"They are two very big parts of that team," he said. "When they came into the locker room, the organization started going in the right direction."

Archived