Someone please explain this to me

Claude Balls

First off, Peters was only assessed 1 fighting major and 1 roughing penalty, along with a few others. Emery was assessed 2 fighting majors. I keep hearing that Peters should be suspended for getting into 2 fights on the same shift. Who did he fight before Emery? How about no one. He tried to fight that spineless turd Heatly but he wanted no part of it. If Peters is suppossed to be suspended, then Ray Emery sure as hell should be as well.

Bottom line, Peters does not deserve to be suspended. I think the NHL got this one right for a change, although I am baffled that they can fine Ruff for putting a certain line out on the ice. Isn't that his job as coach? I'm allright if they fined him for his post game comment "go out and run em".

I think he could have been suspended for third man in a fight, but it would have been a borderline call.............I also wonder if that fact that the Sabres are so short handed came into play with the decision.

I didn't see it as 3rd man in. Biron wasn't there anymore and Emery sure as hell didn't try and back down. Emery had two fighting majors in the same shift, Peters had one. I think that's why the backed off on any suspension.

I didn't see it as 3rd man in. Biron wasn't there anymore and Emery sure as hell didn't try and back down. Emery had two fighting majors in the same shift, Peters had one. I think that's why the backed off on any suspension.

Yeah, I can agree with that, but it kinda looked like Emery and Biron were gonna get tied up again.

Yeah, I can agree with that, but it kinda looked like Emery and Biron were gonna get tied up again.

I think Marty was trying to get out of the way and there was no way Emery was going to start up again with Marty. They were both smiling about it. That fight ended just as soon as it started. Peters just wanted to stand up for his goalie who resembles a rake with teeth. Skinny little bastard.

I think he could have been suspended for third man in a fight, but it would have been a borderline call.............I also wonder if that fact that the Sabres are so short handed came into play with the decision.

Then you would have to suspend the two Sens that jumped in on Mair and Spezza.

Archived