my first impressions...

gregkash

First of all, losing McKee and Grier...

I knew McKee wasn't gonna hurt us as bad as the world made it seem. I was a little worried about Grier's loss, but it looks like the team is willing to step up. Spacek has filled in more than adequately for McKee, and it looks pretty clear to me that Campbell is ready to become a leader on this team.

From what I've seen of Mair, he's a Grier like player and I wouldn't be suprised to see him on the PK sometime soon if Ruff needs it.

.. the only guy we lost that I miss is J.P. While the thought of a Briere, Afinogenov, Pominville line makes me cream my jeans, the chemistry Danny and J.P. had was unreal.

I think we're going to make up his offense (with Pominville shouldering that load), but it'd still be nice to have him here in Buffalo, especially since that'd mean Peters wouldn't be wasting my precious oxygen in the arena.

We look a little a rusty, but I think you can feel the team returning to the form it was last season.

I'm not too worried about the power play either... it hasn't been inept, they've been getting chances and getting shots, it'll start clicking, just you wait.

.. the only guy we lost that I miss is J.P. While the thought of a Briere, Afinogenov, Pominville line makes me cream my jeans, the chemistry Danny and J.P. had was unreal.

Can't fit JP into our payroll anyway so he is really no loss......... B-)

Archived