Sabes v Caps game thread

Larry Playfair

I really think this kid has the ability to be a real good player in this league. I think he is still only 25 and I hope he stays in the lineup. I'm just not sure who is the odd man out.

The odd man out is going to be Fitzpatrick, whose play continues to deteriorate while Campbell's continues to be strong. I think Lindy benched Fitzpatrick after that last giveaway which resulted in the Caps' last goal.

Other observations:

I'm not sure who will get healthy-scratched when max returns. I'm guessing Pyatt or Mair (although I think Mair deserves to stay in), but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Grier.

The Sabres completely dominated for 40 minutes and sleptwalked for 20 minutes. Lindy is probably PO'd at the sleepwalking but happy with the effort for the first 30 min., when we looked great.

Connolly had a goal and 2 assists and a ton of near misses.

Kotalik has really found a home on the left point on the power play. Interesting that Lindy trusts him and Connolly enough to put them both back their (albeit not at the same time).

We need to beat Boston so we can stay above water as much as possible until Miller gets back. A win over Montreal would be great but I'd be surprised if Marty has it in him.

Announced attendance was over 12,000, but it looked much emptier than that on TV. Speaking of which, the Caps' announcers are pretty bad.

Go Sabres.

8 goals is a great thing. A trick for Pyatt (who would have predicted 3 goals all year, let alone in a game?), but it's a damn good thing they're playing the Crapitals, or they'd be losing bad.

Defense anyone ?? No? didn't think so. Goaltending anyone? no as well? guess not.

Back over .500 though, so that's a good thing. Trip to Boston coming up and they're still playing almost as poorly as the Sabres, so it SHOULD be a win.

GO SABRES !!!!!!!

I forgot to quote this. I was trying to point out that they're not playing that poorly.