A Diversion From Game 6

Allan in MD

After it's all said and done, and the focus becomes next year, what do you do about Max and Dumont?

Max clearly plays better when Connolly is around, which is so evident in these playoffs. But, we have to face it, Tim unfortunately may not be around. The pre-Tim and, possibly, post-Tim Max does not do it. So how dependent can you be on him? In fact he, perhaps, hurts the team more than he helps it with his Super Max persona, which leads to no or weak shots, and no passing when passing is advisable. He probably hurts the potential overall production of his line. So what do you do with this guy?

Dumont, for all his potential over the years, has never been outstanding. In fact, he, much of the time, seems to disappear. There are games that I wonder if he's playing, as I never hear his name called during the play-by-play commentary. So do we accept "streaky," and make do with his twenty goals a season? We probably will, but it would be nice to see some consistency and the "flashes" become more like "bursts." I keep thinking of Gilles Perreault. He was frequently accused of taking nights off. Except, he was scoring 30 plus goals and consistently helping the Connection connect.

One other thing about next season, pay Jay.

Archived