Anyone know the ticket price facts?

DonInBuffalo

Of course there's been plenty of discussion about the general subject of Carolina not selling out their arena and so many tickets being available. Specifically, I've read where some Carolina season ticket holders were complaining about getting "screwed" by the cost of tickets for this round in particular. Can someone in the know summarize the important facts for me? Namely:

- What is the approximate season ticket base and arena size for both teams? IIRC HSBC holds something like 18,000.

- How much did Sabres season ticket holders have to pay for playoff tickets, (just an approximate range of price is all I'm looking for) and when did they have to commit?

- Same question for Carolina.

- How much did the remaining available tickets cost for non-season ticket holders? IIRC the cost for these round 3 tickets in Buffalo ranged from $100 to something like $250. When I checked Carolina just out of curiosity the other day, the tickets that were available cost something like $220.

In summary, I'm looking for facts to back up or nullify the argument that the Carolina fans (season ticket holders in particular) got "screwed" by the team management, compared to how the Sabres conducted business.

Of course there's been plenty of discussion about the general subject of Carolina not selling out their arena and so many tickets being available. Specifically, I've read where some Carolina season ticket holders were complaining about getting "screwed" by the cost of tickets for this round in particular. Can someone in the know summarize the important facts for me? Namely:

- What is the approximate season ticket base and arena size for both teams? IIRC HSBC holds something like 18,000.

- How much did Sabres season ticket holders have to pay for playoff tickets, (just an approximate range of price is all I'm looking for) and when did they have to commit?

- Same question for Carolina.

- How much did the remaining available tickets cost for non-season ticket holders? IIRC the cost for these round 3 tickets in Buffalo ranged from $100 to something like $250. When I checked Carolina just out of curiosity the other day, the tickets that were available cost something like $220.

In summary, I'm looking for facts to back up or nullify the argument that the Carolina fans (season ticket holders in particular) got "screwed" by the team management, compared to how the Sabres conducted business.

I can't tell you the exact amount, but I believe they are comparable to the prices in Buffalo. The problem I think was Carolina management did not announce ticket prices for for rounds three and four until late during the second round and people were taken aback by the huge increase from rounds two to three.

My tix to Saturday's game were $75 for the front row in the 300 level on a corner. I guess the problem is those tix only cost about $40 the first two rounds I was told.

Archived