Looking for Sabres bar in NYC

syb1229

I'm a huge (displaced) Sabres fan living in Manhattan. I have been scouring the internet for the better part of 2 days trying to find a bar that might show the Sabres game Saturday with sound. So far, the closest thing I can find is McFaddens, which is a Bills bar who when I called said they would put the game on. When I asked if they would show it with sound, the person on the phone made a funny semi-affirmative noise that left me skeptical.

There must be tons of Buffalo fans in New York, and I refuse to believe there isn't a place for them to enjoy the playoff run together.

Any info would be great. Go Sabres!

Glad you posted a message. There is a HUGE Sabres offshoot of the NYCBBB that I have been coordinating for these playoffs. We meet at a place called the Blue Moon, which is at 75th and 1st. We take over the entire place. If you want to PM me your address I'll add you to our mailing list, or you can just show up. If you go to http://www.nycbbb.com and look at the recent emails you can get all the info.

I was at McFaddens for game 5 against Ottawa. They had the game on all the TVs but since we were in the dining room, the sound was off. We were thinking about Blue Moon too. I might be coming up tomorrow, so maybe we will try Blue Moon this time.

I was at McFaddens for game 5 against Ottawa. They had the game on all the TVs but since we were in the dining room, the sound was off. We were thinking about Blue Moon too. I might be coming up tomorrow, so maybe we will try Blue Moon this time.

McFadden's is a great place for football since it falls on a day they are normally slow. Hockey interupts their normal dinner/happy hour crowd, so they aren't as enthusiastic. The Blue Moon is a hockey bar first and foremost (the owner used to play for Brian McCrutcheon) and they love having us there. It's a great atmosphere. When my girlfriend was walking to the bar for game 5 she could hear "Let's Go Buffalo" chants from a block away!

Archived