Sabres Games on DishNetwork

tomplant

After some conversation with the Nice folk at DishNetwork.. I have learend the following.. I can't confirm this will 'work' until the next game obviously..

If you're on DishNetwork..

Search | Sabres yeilds..

ALT 3 7:30pm - 11:00pm NR Sports. Sabres vs Lightning

ALT 6 7:30pm - 11:00pm NR Sports. Sabres vs Panthers

So apparently the Sabers - Lightning game will air on ALT 3 (Sports Alt) Channel # 447 and the Sabers Panthers game on Alt 6 451.. The Sports Alt channels exist between 445 and 451.

As for the OLN screw up, it may have actually aired on the ALT channels, of course there is no way to go back in time and check..

The semi-technical answer to this problem is: that Dish can't change the actual MSG National Feed other than to blackout the feed for selected markets (As occurs Ironically enough for NY Islanders games on MSG, but not Rangers or Devils games..) However as the Sabres feeds are "In Market" they obviously can't be aired on the 'Out of Market' MSG feed, thus its a seperate feed.. Having no way to "regionalize" the MSG feed other than blanket Blackout, they broadcast the "In Market" feed on a Sports Alternate.. Similar to what we would see with MLB aired on ESPN if we lived in a MLB Market subject to Blackout..

Hope this makes sense and basically.. that on 7:30pm on the 13th, I and the rest of you E* (Dish) folk get to see our Buffalo Sabres..

-Tom

Archived