Grier

Dump & Chase

What a playoff thus far for this man. He is a force out there. He blocks shots on his stomach, hits, skates, shows grit, passion, guts and pride. He has added much fiber to this lineup and Guastad has. The playoffs are about sarfice and taking a hit to make a play. The guys who pay the price to go into the traffic areas get rewarded. Connolly has drove the net every game thus far. And looks at the rewards...

Dump & Chase, a belated welcome to the board.

Good point about Grier. He's stepped his game up come the second season and his goal scoring is a perfect example of what Lindy talks about in terms of a player playing out of character. No team is going to win in the postseason, in the "new" or the "old" NHL without a couple guys like Mike Grier spread throughout the lineup. I felt that Grier really helped to set the tone for the entire playoffs with his performance in Game 1 vs Philly. He was hitting everything in sight and playing hard.

I remember the Saturday afternoon game vs Philly, after the Olympics where we won I think 6-5, and Grier scored the game winner...it was a good preview of the type of game that Grier can elevate to. He'll never score 30 goals in a season, but he's a guy that does everything else right, gives his stick up to teamates on penalty kills (how many times has he done that this year?!?), isn't afraid to muck it up in the corners and plays with tenacity. He's a huge reason for our post-season success thus far.

Archived