Sirius radio feed

GrimFandango

Sirius plays the home teams broadcast, so you'll only get RJ when the Sabs are at home.

I'm not completely sure but I think sometimes when the Sabres are at home you still get the other teams broadcast. I kinda remember that cause it ticked me off. But at least you'll get to hear the game. Something you also might want to consider is that Sirius will only be carrying one more season of NHL before XM takes over for the next 10 years. However, one thing that bugs so far about XM (even though I don't have it and I only noticed by comparing broadcast schedules) is that XM has 6 channels for broadcast and sticks with those channels. So it looks as though for any given night, the most you could listen to is 6 games. And often the Sabres were the odd team out. Sirius on the other hand tends to braodcast more games by pre-empting previously scheduled programs in the 100's so you have to check your schedule for the day to find out which channels the games are on. Even though I have Sirius, I've complained to XM as a potential customer about the limited game availability.

Archived