Gary Thorne Chat

kcclor

I really miss Gary for the nationally televised games. He is about as unbiased a hockey reporter as there is in the sport. Here is what he had to say about the Flyers' play last night:

Paoli, Pennsylvannia: I'm going to sound like the typical Philly fan here but who should be fired after two lackluster efforts. Both games would have been 8-2 if not for Robert E.

Gary Thorne: You hit a hot button. What a disgrace: not losing, but losing with no class. The end of Game 2 was disgusting. Goonery and stupid play by the Flyers and Ken mouthing off about Buffalo minding their own business. The Flyers don't deserve to win, and the days of the crap about the "bullies" is just that. Grow up Philly and join the NHL.

Read the rest of the chat here:

http://transcripts.usatoday.com/Chats/transcript.aspx?c=692

Go Sabres!

Thanks! Great read. Other Comments on Sabres from the transcript:

Town of Tonawanda, NY: Hi Gary, The Sabres are buzzing around the Flyers and totally being a pain in their side. Miller is playing strong in the nets and not giving up weak goals. Do you think that they'll still come after the Flyers in Philly with speed, speed, speed or do they pull back (just a bit) and play safe "on the road" hockey? Thanks Gary, Enjoy all he playoffs games, I do.

Gary Thorne: When you've won by those scores, you don't change a thing. The best thing that happened to Miller and Buffalo is that he did not go to the Olympics. He intends to make sure everyone knows who should have been there for Team USA.

Canton, MI: Granted, they have been playing a Flyers team more interested in headhunting than playing hockey, but you have to like what Buffalo has done in their first two games. What are your thoughts on an extended run for the Sabres?

Gary Thorne: They can win the whole damn thing. The East is open to all. This team was built for the new NHL

Archived