Well im happy

Saber61

I think ruff will keep all 3 goalies going into the season because they feel like they haven't faced anyone yet with all the starters in (if mika stinks it up again he is gone). This is also why I am trying hard to hold back my high out look on the season just haven't played anyone with a full NHL 4 lines roster yet.

A quick start is so important, and will give this young team confidence. But as Miller said in todays Bflo news, preseason is quite different then regular season.

We have to feel good about our ability to adjust to the new rules.

i agree... the more confident we are in our own teams ability the smoother everything will flow... if guys start doubting each other then everything will fall apart.

A quick start is so important, and will give this young team confidence. But as Miller said in todays Bflo news, preseason is quite different then regular season.

We have to feel good about our ability to adjust to the new rules.

While Preseason is not the Regular Season, I feel much better about the team then I did a few weeks ago. I haven't seen or listened to any games yet, basically because Center Ice and XM's coverage don't start until the 5th, but from articles, stat sheets, etc. there are definately a few good things:

Looks like we have adjusted to the new rules, while some other teams are definately struggling.

Looks like Miller is stepping up, so we probably won't see the goalie controversy go into the season. Since Biron has a higher trade value, maybe we will trade him and fill in some holes.

The powerplay has been effective (Finally!), especially last night.

Vanek is exceeding my expectations...I know it's just preseason, but still.

Anyways, a week to go until the season starts. I know I'm looking forward to my opening night. Going to see Crosby's first game, record the Sabres game, and watch it when I get home.

Let's hope this preseason carries over to a good start for the team.

I too feel that the team has over preformed in the preseason but as I thought before all it took was one team with most of the regular NHLers in the line up to take them down. I hope the good play carries over and I can't wait to WGR get the link up so I can hear a game finally.

Archived