Hasek still active

RazielSabre

The slinky is still in terrific shape. While he may be a freak i don't see him coming back for anything other ceremonies and such. Like we will have for him and like the HOF will have for him.

I really wish I would have appreciated him more when he was here but oh well.

i noticed at the f'n center last night , a promo on the jumbotron for Hasek's Heroes....his legacy lives on !!

The Foundation of Hasek’s Heroes:

Domink’s greatest contribution to hockey was here in Buffalo. Hasek demonstrated his love of the sport by donating $1 million to the establishment of Hasek’s Heroes. It is the single largest donation by any athlete in the history of Buffalo sports.

Hasek founded Hasek’s Heroes because of his own underprivileged childhood and the fact that after he began playing, he saw sports as a viable way to change his life. His dedication stems from wanting to help other children in less fortunate circumstances and he continues this dedication today through the work of Hasek’s Heroes.

Mission Statement:

First and foremost, Hasek’s Heroes provides a foundation of athletic development and educational support, enabling children from low- to moderate-income families to achieve their future life goals.

It provides them the opportunity to learn basic skating and hockey skills and, for those with the aptitude and commitment, the opportunity to participate in the tiered hockey development program.

Hasek’s Heroes works in partnership with the Buffalo Public School System to promote academic achievement as an integral component of athletics.

Our Goal:

The members of Hasek’s Heroes coaching staff create a positive play environment in which children at all skill levels can learn the basics of hockey. Unlike other youth sports programs, there is not a strong emphasis on winning. Coaches encourage participants to support their teammates and celebrate individual achievements.

http://www.haseksheroes.org/dnn/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Archived