Top 4 Teams in League

cgang

Damn, the top 4 teams in the league are really putting the hammer down. Did you guys see their latest standings in each team's last 10 games?:

Carolina 7-1-2

Detroit 8-2-0

Ottawa 8-1-1

Buffalo 8-1-1

And this is all with other teams killing each other for a playoff spot, and with a couple of those teams (Buffalo included) playing every other night. I read that there might be some concern with the Sabres peaking early but I don't see it that way. It looks like all the top teams are taking it up a notch, plus the Sabres had a big power infusion with players coming back from injuries.

The Ottawa game will be a big test- would love to see the Sabres build on their success from their last win against the Sens.

Not to sound blashphemous or anything, but I would be happy if they played Ottawa well and lost. Connolly and Hecht are big losses for the team, and the game is in Ottawa where Buffalo has been pummeled this season.

Maybe I'm pre-rationalizing, I don't know...but can anybody say they'd be discouraged if Ottawa won 3-2 in a shootout or edged out a 4-3 regulation victory? I don't know if I would be...

Hell, nevermind, if it's tied at 2 with 10 minutes left and Ottawa wins I'll be down in the dumps for a couple hours.

Archived