20009 -2010 Northeast Division Champs!

Hartman

If this miserable playoff experience has taught us anything, it's how little regular season success means once the playoffs start. As I type this (of the 8 series taking place) three lower-seeded teams are leading their respective series, and two other series are currently tied. Even Philadelphia, which barely crept into the playoffs on the last day of the season, now has NJ on the brink of elimination. If Regier can admit his failings, I hope he realizes that building a team for the playoffs rather than the regular season should be the goal. That means more players who can handle the intensity, the physical play, and want the puck on their stick at crucial times – i.e., not the Connollys, Pominvilles, and Staffords of the world.

It’s a shame that it took the organization until yesterday to realize that they needed more size and grit upfront. Perhaps if they made some changes sooner, or if they (Regier) had added some size and experience at the trade deadline, they wouldn’t be in this predicament.

I hope the thought of raising another worthless Division Winning banner to the roof of the HSBC Arena next year sure doesn’t inspire anyone to rush out and buy tickets.

Archived