Does anyone really think...

HtownSabresFan

that we are going to trade anyone? With the deadline looming (6 hours and counting), I dont think it happens. Its "comfortable" to have Marty on the bench and I dont think we have given Mika enough exposure this year for other teams. Regier stands pat and this will be the team that we take into the playoffs. While I would love another defensemen (McKee is the only "real" one we have), I still think it is better to have a good goalie like Marty backing up Miller. You never know about injuries! I dont want to give Marty or Mika away for some "has been" or give them up for a lateral move. Just my two cents.

I respectfully disagree on your thoughts about Marty v. another defenseman.

A) The only way Biron plays in the playoffs is if Miller gets hurt or plays very poorly.

B) Does anyone think we can win the Cup if "A" is true?

A defenseman will at least have an opportunity to help this team come playoff time. In fact, I think it's crucial that we have someone other than Fitzpatrick or not-100%-all-year-Kalenin to count on when the games get serious.

This is just my opinion, though. As long as I can feel secure in the fact that Darcy isn't holding back because of money ("within the salary cap" or "bottom line" money, that is) or apathy, I trust him to do the right thing for this team.

totally agree about Marty playing. I don't think he sees the ice if Miller is healthy or is playing well. I'm just saying that I dont want to trade him away for nothing. I do agree with you about Regier. He better not be holding back because of money reasons. We DO need another defensemen, I just dont want another in the image of the ones we have (I would take another McKee).

LOL, I really don't like him at all. He needs to warm the bench. I totally agree with you on not wanting him on the ice!

I think that we're on the same page...I'd rather not trade at all then give Marty up for nothing.

I'm just REALLY worried about the possibility of Rory getting playoff minutes.

Archived