Komisarek

red

OK,

never started a thread here before, not sure if this warrants one, and I know that I am crying over spilled milk...

...but why did Darcy let Komisarek go to the Leafs?

If the goal is to get bigger and tougher, it doesn't seem like the offer he accepted from Toronto was too out of reach after Spacho went to the Habs, Afinogenov is gone, Numminen will probably retire, Peters should be let go, and Tallinder should be traded and Paetsch let go.

I would have loved to see Montador, McKee, and Komisarek brought in for some real blue line toughness in front of Miller. Imagine, Rivet, Lydman (who does seem to have a tough, hard-hitting streak to him), and Butler or Myers matched up with those 3. Throw an improved Sekera in the mix for some offensive flair and man, that would be a 'D' to be weary of.

I also see that Neil re-upped with Ottawa. Letting Peters go for Neil would have been awesome.

Sorry guys, I had to air that dirty laundry.

Mike Fisher is a UFA in 2013, and Volchenkov will be up next summer.

As far as Komisarek goes, at $4.5M, he would eat up more than half of our remaining cap space, and we still need to re-sign Sekera, Stafford, and a few other RFAs. We'd need to move players out to have made it work, which nobody objects to, but there doesn't seem to be any market for the overpriced services of a Hecht or Tallinder.

Mike Fisher is a UFA in 2013, and Volchenkov will be up next summer.

As far as Komisarek goes, at $4.5M, he would eat up more than half of our remaining cap space, and we still need to re-sign Sekera, Stafford, and a few other RFAs. We'd need to move players out to have made it work, which nobody objects to, but there doesn't seem to be any market for the overpriced services of a Hecht or Tallinder.

argh! I know...just dreaming out loud.

Can anyone imagine a defense like that?

Archived