New Rumors Abound

LookAtEmGo

Part of me thinks that's good news, but the other, more sensible part of me thinks that these players have demonstrated their greed and lack of concern for the shape of this league to a degree that proves they would never give up too much, therefore I'm not very hopeful this proposal's gonna be enough to turn things around.

At least there are rumors now, though. There have been some long stretches with no kind of news or info at all.

When it comes to the players association and Bob Goodenow there is very little I can believe or have faith in,sorry but thats the way it is.Owners are not worth a crap either but this insanity has to stop for this game to survive.The thing that frosts my cookies the most is a mucker like Bobby Holik getting 9 Million a season from the Rangers,9 Million for a checking center??? Something needs to be done and quick!

Guest Kristian
New rumors are surfacing that the players have a proposal where they are giving up quite a bit but under the name of revenue sharing and not salary cap.

Like I say it's rumors but I expect to hear more soon in the media about talks.

Revenue sharing? What kind of revenue sharing exactly?

How can the players give up anything in terms of revenue sharing? Are they planning on donating half Joe Sakic's salary to The Penguins?

If not, then they're just trying to shift attentions to the owners, rather than seriously negotiating anyting.

Don't get me wrong, both players and owners are in this together. The owners were big enough fools to let it get this far, and the greed of the average NHL player seems without limits. However, as long as the players refuse a salary cap, there won't be an NHL. Hockey simply is not a popular enough sport to sustain these ludicrous salaries, and without a cap, everything will be back to normal once Glen Sather opens his big wallet come the next off-season.

The players of course know this, and are trying to play the owners for fools. Like I said, it's got nothing to do with negotiating. At least not IMO.

New rumors are surfacing that the players have a proposal where they are giving up quite a bit but under the name of revenue sharing and not salary cap.

Like I say it's rumors but I expect to hear more soon in the media about talks.

If its under the revenue sharing name i bet the owners dont bit then. If this rumor is true...then my thoughts of there being a season will change.

Archived