Two observations from last nights game

Foligno17

First, Teppo is old and is really starting to show it. He flat out sucked yesterday and for awhile now. Hopefully a healthy spacek will give teppo some needed rest.

Second, the sabres will not win a playoff series if the refs call games like they did last night. I thought I was watching a re-run of an old sabres/avs games when clutching and grabbing was allowed and the Avs were the top team in the league.

I usually don't get excited about a loss here or there, but if the refs put the whistles away like that, the sabres are in trouble.

Any thoughts?

I only half watched as I was mkaing dinner, washing up, etc and trying to watch through the screen through the fish tank with fish swimming in front of me all the time, but I think it's been a steady and slow decline in the enforcement of the rules that they were calling pretty tight last year and earlier this year. But, according to the league, they claimed that the refs are calling things consistently still...whatever that means. More blah blah blah from NHL offices.

Archived