Hockey in High Definition

spacemanspiff

Just wanted to start a discussion about HD.

I have previously contacted the Sabres about televising games in HD.

I recently contacted Time Warner Cable about HD programming & channels they could possible carry and just wanted to get some information out.

Regarding Sabres games broadcast in HD on MSG

- Michael M. Gilbert - Sabres Director of Public Relations

November 20, 2006

In the near future, MSG will be broadcasting some of our games in HD. Obviously, we'd like that to happen sooner rather than later, however, technically a lot goes into an HD broadcast.

- Matthew - Time Warner Cable Customer Support

February 19, 2007

At this time we don?t have information about MSG HD. Currently the equipment in the HSBC arena isn?t high definition, but I?m sure that would change if we pickup MSG HD. I don?t think that would happen this season.

I am curious as to the equipment in HSBC Arena, the Bruins game in Buffalo on 2/17 was broadcast on NESNHD in High Definition, are these the same cameras the Sabres use to broadcast or do the Bruins travel with their own TV equipment?

Regarding VersusHD which is free to cable systems

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=398

- Matthew - Time Warner Cable Customer Support

February 19, 2007

I will put your request in for Versus HD

from http://www.rochesterhdtv.com/showthread.php?t=3862

- Melinda Witmer - TWC Senior Vice President and Chief Programming Officer

We have been notified that the service will not launch and be made available for us to provide to our customers until 4/1/07. I will forward your message to our Albany rep to get back to you on whether or not Albany will be carrying when it launches or sometime later on.

Keep sending emails & calling Time Warner & the Sabres to make it known that there is demand for HD hockey.

Archived