Sabres Won

Guest Sloth

Ok, officially the Sabres lost 6-5, but when it comes from a mental stand point, the Sabres won. As I write this message, the Sabres know they can still play. The Sabres know they have returning players. The Sabres know that poor ass officiating gave the game to Ottawa. The most important thing the Sabres know is that they know they can still win and can hit!!

As for the Senators, they lost the mental stand point game. They now know they, even when healthy, can barely beat a team w/ a 1/3 of their lineup missing. This is going to eat away at the Ottawa.

This game also showed the major weaknesses the Senators have. First their goalies suck. Duing the last two games, both goalies looked shaky and gave up A LOT of rebounds. Second, they almost have no defense. I would not be surprised one bit if Ottawa goes 5 and 5, if not worse, during their next 10 games.

Again, the Sabres won last night. The Sabres are still one of the favorites to win the Cup. Also, the Sabres have a GREAT future! I think Stafford should remain on the team for the ENTIRE season; meaning the playoffs.

True the Sabres lost last night 6-5. And I from what I saw watching the game on TV I had no problem with the official until the interference call on Teppo at the end. The winning goal was simply a series of bad bounces (some may say we were the recipient of such bounces earlier). If the game was one minute longer I felt they would have tied it up.

I was disappointed but not surprised the league chose to do nothing to Neil in regards to the hit on Drury. This has been typical of the NHL and partly explains the sports second-rate status in the States. And to me, fining Ruff for the response just further shows what a joke the leadership in this league is and why the sport has issues with revenue and popularity. Murray constantly on the tube playing the victim borders on comedy. He's done the same thing in the past.

I think Golisano's letter said it and said it well. If I was an owner and had multi-millions invested in players I would not want to see my investment (and employees) jeopardized in such a manner. The hockey fans I know go to games to see players like Chris Drury make hockey plays. They don't go to see players like Chris Neil cheap shot players like Chris Drury. If Golisano gets enough owners behind him (and I think he will) it will force the league to do something about it.

What I think the Sabres got back in the last 3 days was the 'us against the world' mentality that was missing in the middle part of the season. They were getting complacent and playing without emotion and resolve. This I don't expect to see for the remainder of the season and the playoffs.

And they found out quickly that all the call-ups could play at an NHL level. These guys fit right in.

If I were the Senators I'd be thinking how did we only beat a team with 8 regulars out of the lineup by 1 fluke goal? If that's the best they can bring then I'm not going to be up at night worrying about meeting the Senators in the playoffs.

What I think the Sabres got back in the last 3 days was the 'us against the world' mentality that was missing in the middle part of the season. They were getting complacent and playing without emotion and resolve. This I don't expect to see for the remainder of the season and the playoffs.

And they found out quickly that all the call-ups could play at an NHL level. These guys fit right in.

If I were the Senators I'd be thinking how did we only beat a team with 8 regulars out of the lineup by 1 fluke goal? If that's the best they can bring then I'm not going to be up at night worrying about meeting the Senators in the playoffs.

Well said NJ Blue and Gold!!! The injuries have brought back the "us vs. the world" mentality. It was something the Sabres had all last season and the 1st 3rd of this season. I'm glad it's back and I'm sure it's here to stay. I really think Ottawa will get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs. Goal tending is WAY to shaky for them.

But again, well said NJ!!!!

Archived