Max out till playoffs?

mediumishot

Link

I know Darcy said he does not want to abuse the system but if max is definitely out until the playoffs thats a 3.3 mil cap hit that can be used to pick someone up. Im not a capologist like some of you on the board but it seems that if he truly is going to be out till playoffs we have room now to grab someone at the dead line, without abusing the system.

I saw this on the board not too long ago but i like the idea of Kevyn Adams, hes a hometown boy who's big and gritty and a bit of what we lost in goose. he also comes with plenty of playoff experience playing for Carolina last year. Hes a UFA at the end of the year making 725,000. I think this and a defenseman might work for the 3.3 of Max's number...if he really is out till the playoffs

I don't think he will abuse the system, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't spend all the money he is able to. I don't think Tommy G. will not allow an extra million or so to be spent to reinforce the team. I think it's just a matter of making sure certain guys will be out until the playoffs so their money is available. I think we will see some moves in the next few days, most likely moving some draft picks.

Archived