A stunning comment from Lindy

PASabreFan

"If J.P. and Taylor aren't an asset for us in the lineup, then it's better to have a [Daniel] Paille or a Pominville or some of those guys playing and being a positive force for us."

Does anyone else think J.P. Dumont deserves to be cut a little slack, given some time to get his game back in shape? Putting him in the same category with a Taylor Pyatt is a pretty harsh slap in the face to a veteran player whose importance to this team is enormous.

"If J.P. and Taylor aren't an asset for us in the lineup, then it's better to have a [Daniel] Paille or a Pominville or some of those guys playing and being a positive force for us."

Does anyone else think J.P. Dumont deserves to be cut a little slack, given some time to get his game back in shape? Putting him in the same category with a Taylor Pyatt is a pretty harsh slap in the face to a veteran player whose importance to this team is enormous.

I don't think that is a negative; I think he is just using it to make sure those guys are motivated to work hard when they return as opposed to having a spot handed to them simply because they are vets.

I could see your point if he called them out JP on his current play but just based on that quote I don't think he is.

I think the point he is trying to make is that we won without them in the lineup so just because they are healthy it does not mean they are guaranteed a roster spot. They will have to earn their way back into the lineup cause there are hungry young guys that are fighting to take their place.

Its good motivation to get them to work hard when they return

Two players who come back from long term injuries right around the same time. I see no problem with him being grouped in with Quiet.

i don't see that as a slap in the face. things are heating up. we need guys to produce. do you want him benching guys who are producing in favor of guys who aren't? i don't think he's being unfair to jp at all....in fact, if jp is the kind of player we need him to be, he'd agree!

Oh, I wasn't bumping around Sabre boards then. I think Tiny Tim has outgrown that moniker. I was actually curious why he started shaving head. maybe we should call him "scary Tim". :unsure:

I wasn't on any Sabres boards then either. I think both names were used in a Buffalo News article at one point. Taylor Quiet is an absolutely perfect nickname and I refuse to let it die.

I don't think that is a negative; I think he is just using it to make sure those guys are motivated to work hard when they return as opposed to having a spot handed to them simply because they are vets.

I could see your point if he called them out JP on his current play but just based on that quote I don't think he is.

No... why should he deserve slack?

He was hurt and we kept winning. We obviously don't need him, but, if he plays at the level he can play, it will definetly help the team. In the past (Satan era) Dumont and Pyatt did play a little lazy more times then not, and i don't think Ruff wants to ruin team chemstry. Dumont has been here what, like 6 years now, we're finally good, and he has a chance to play well and help us and the kids who took us to this level, to the next step.

We need him. We need his goals. I just hope Lindy knows what buttons to push. He's usually very good at that.

I guess I'm out on a limb here. I just don't think you send that message, or should have to send that message, to a veteran player like J.P. who has worked his ass off to come back early. Work ethic is obviously not an issue with him.

We need him. We need his goals. I just hope Lindy knows what buttons to push. He's usually very good at that.

I guess I'm out on a limb here. I just don't think you send that message, or should have to send that message, to a veteran player like J.P. who has worked his ass off to come back early. Work ethic is obviously not an issue with him.

Honestly, the only thing we really need from JP is his veteran presence and his work infront of the net, he is a mastermind at tipping pucks, alot go for goals, some don't, but still better then nothing.

However, since he got hurt, Vanek has taken over that role, and moved it up a notch. JP has to come and play better then he did before he got hurt, and he was playing some real good hockey when he got hurt i thought.

Archived