Buffalo and Edmonton close to a deal?

Toddkaz

the Oil have nobody that we need. pronger and smyth are going nowhere, so why even hope.

steve staios??? please. the guy is slightly better than rory will be.

hang on to biron longer. somebody is gonna need him, bad, and the price will go up. it's too early to move him.

on a side note, ethan moreau busted his leg today playing pickup hoops.

like we need a white man who can't jump.

the Oil have nobody that we need. pronger and smyth are going nowhere, so why even hope.

steve staios??? please. the guy is slightly better than rory will be.

hang on to biron longer. somebody is gonna need him, bad, and the price will go up. it's too early to move him.

on a side note, ethan moreau busted his leg today playing pickup hoops.

like we need a white man who can't jump.

Dude, are you serious? Staios is a million times better than Rory will EVER be. Rory Fitzpatrick, in my opinion, is extremely boarderline being an NHL'er.

I doubt Edmonton will let go of a guy like Jaret Stoll, he's been amazing for them this year. Give me two of the following guys in return for Biron... Staios, Moreau, Torres... and I'll be happy

Dude, are you serious? Staios is a million times better than Rory will EVER be. Rory Fitzpatrick, in my opinion, is extremely boarderline being an NHL'er.

I doubt Edmonton will let go of a guy like Jaret Stoll, he's been amazing for them this year. Give me two of the following guys in return for Biron... Staios, Moreau, Torres... and I'll be happy

Dude, get with the times and get an avatar! do it! DO IT!

IMO bringing Peca back to Buffalo would be a huge mistake. His role as a "defensive forward" has been significantly diminished due to the fast pace of the "new" NHL. Bottom line is he isn't the same player he was. Sure, he was good in the playoffs for us, but that was 6-7 years ago now. As for Reasoner, I don't see anything special about him. Who cares if he has local ties. I think a better destination for Biron or Noronen would be Vancouver. Ohlund would look nice in a Sabres uni, as would Sami Salo who is enjoying a great year.

IMO bringing Peca back to Buffalo would be a huge mistake. His role as a "defensive forward" has been significantly diminished due to the fast pace of the "new" NHL. Bottom line is he isn't the same player he was. Sure, he was good in the playoffs for us, but that was 6-7 years ago now. As for Reasoner, I don't see anything special about him. Who cares if he has local ties. I think a better destination for Biron or Noronen would be Vancouver. Ohlund would look nice in a Sabres uni, as would Sami Salo who is enjoying a great year.

Well, let me start this off by alerting everyone to the fact that no one in this thread has metioned wanting Peca. It was in the original post by ToddKaz and I can't figure out if he wants Peca, heard his name in a rumor or what. So lets not get all worked up about Peca. No way they take him back at 4 million.

Well, let me start this off by alerting everyone to the fact that no one in this thread has metioned wanting Peca. It was in the original post by ToddKaz and I can't figure out if he wants Peca, heard his name in a rumor or what. So lets not get all worked up about Peca. No way they take him back at 4 million.

Would it be at $4 million? Isn't he a UFA after this season? If that's true it may not be out of the realm of possibility. Regier did bring in Audette after the first go around didn't end well.

I'm not advocating his return. I'm just tossing it out there.

Would it be at $4 million? Isn't he a UFA after this season? If that's true it may not be out of the realm of possibility. Regier did bring in Audette after the first go around didn't end well.

I'm not advocating his return. I'm just tossing it out there.

If Peca is an UFA after this season, I wouldn't mind having him on my team for the stretch run. I'm not sure if he would want to be here after all the bad feelings. His presence could be a distraction and possibly ruin team chemistry.

If Peca is an UFA after this season, I wouldn't mind having him on my team for the stretch run. I'm not sure if he would want to be here after all the bad feelings. His presence could be a distraction and possibly ruin team chemistry.

Do you think the "team chemistry" is that fragile. Peca is not exactly T.O..

I don't know. As far as vertern players who would fit under Lindy's system I can't think of many better.

I'm not getting "worked up," but rather i am saying bringing him back would be a bonehead move, IMO. It doesn't matter anyway, I haven't seen any reports indicating the slightest interest in him from the Sabres.

We definitely need to do something and it wouldn't be for the sake of doing something this time around.....we are right up there.

I feel like new money around all these teams who are like old money, relatively. Well you know what I mean, I want us to one at least win one round....and there's no reason why we can't.

And as much as we complain about Darcy, he's proven, at least to me, that he is one of the best GMs in the league, and I know something big or a few things that add up to something big is gonna happen for us before the deadline and we're going to go into the playoffs like gangbusters...what what. (I live in the city, I can say things like what what, don't attempt such things if you live in Hamburg)

Do you think the "team chemistry" is that fragile. Peca is not exactly T.O..

I don't know. As far as vertern players who would fit under Lindy's system I can't think of many better.

I'm sure this entire discussion is moot because if he was coming back I'm sure mangement would make sure his mind is in the right place. Then again, he's not coming anyway so lets figure out what crappy team will start unloading like the Blues.

Ohlund is untouchable in Vancouver. Mark my words, he is the LAST player they would trade. Seriously. He's their best defenseman by a mile. He's not going anywhere. He'd look great in Buffalo, but that's a pipe dream.

As for Staois. I live out West and see these guys all the time. Steve Staios was left unprotected by the Canucks in the expansion draft. That's how much they thought of him.

He has improved but he is not worth dealing Biron. Stoll and another would be good, but I really don't think the Oilers have much we need.

Ohlund is untouchable in Vancouver. Mark my words, he is the LAST player they would trade. Seriously. He's their best defenseman by a mile. He's not going anywhere. He'd look great in Buffalo, but that's a pipe dream.

As for Staois. I live out West and see these guys all the time. Steve Staios was left unprotected by the Canucks in the expansion draft. That's how much they thought of him.

He has improved but he is not worth dealing Biron. Stoll and another would be good, but I really don't think the Oilers have much we need.

Are you joking? Ed Jovanovski is their best defenseman by a mile...HE is untouchable. Ohlund is their best defenseman at the moment because Jovo is out wiht an injury right now.

Are you joking? Ed Jovanovski is their best defenseman by a mile...HE is untouchable. Ohlund is their best defenseman at the moment because Jovo is out wiht an injury right now.

Dude,

Jovo is a high risk player. He has offensive upside. However, as a BC boy, I can tell you from watching all their games that Ohlund is by far their best d man. Jovo is very touchable.

He's free to go after this season as well, so if he returns and is healthy, he could be moved.

Ohlund plays against all the other teams' top lines. Jovo does not. Jovo is just a higher profile guy because of his skating ability.

Ask anyone in the Canucks' "know" and you'll find Ohlund will be gone well after Jovo.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Ohlund is far more important than Jovo. The Canucks have 11 wins with Jovo out so far this season, against 5 losses.

Completely and totally inaccurate.

I'd venture to say that Jovo is the third best defensman on the Canucks this season and I'm not taking the injury into account at all.

Throw in his injury concerns and his contract status and he is far from the Canucks most "untouchable" defenseman.

Ohlund, due to his elite status and bargain price, is the most untouchable and Salo isn't far behind.

If I remember correctly, Dominik Hasek was left unprotected in one of the expansion drafts a while back. That is not the best way to guage a player's current value.

If I remember correctly, Dominik Hasek was left unprotected in one of the expansion drafts a while back. That is not the best way to guage a player's current value.

Shrader,

Staois (he actually bought a beer one night during the then ritual Canucks night out after not making the playoffs, but i digress) is much improved since then, I'll give him that.

But let's be clear. He is not worth giving up Biron. Him and somebody else from Edmonton aren't enough, in my eyes. Unless of course it's Prongs or Smyth and we know that ain't gonna happen.

Archived