Buffalo and Edmonton close to a deal?

Toddkaz

I would like to say that i do trust Reiger with the Buffalo Sabres, He seems to be the type not to take risks with older high priced players.

I hear a lot of noise that Edmonton is close to getting Biron.

I would like to hear what the Sabres Fans have to say and their predictions. First what I would like to see...

To Buf:

Maybe Jarret Stoll or Mike Peca and Spacek

Edm

Biron with McKee, Roy or Pyatt

No offense to you, but I hate both of those deals. Salary wise, it doesn't match up. Talent wise, I don't think the Sabres are getting value either. I'm fairly certain Horcoff, Smyth, Hemsky, Pronger Stoll and Bergeron are off limits. That being said, their isn't much else I would want. Staios, Spacek, or Dvorak I guess would be the most attractive with Torres a maybe.

Giving up Max for either of those two deadbeats hopefully won't happen.

Peca isn't half the player he used to be, although I was just as pissed as anyone else when he got traded, he just hasn't been the same since his injury.

Reasoner? And why would we need him, we got a whole roster full of guys of his caliber.

Reasoner? And why would we need him, we got a whole roster full of guys of his caliber.

I actually think most of the forwards on the Sabres roster are significantly better than reasoner with much more upside. He's a weak third line center at best. I would even go as far as saying he is borderline NHL. I don't know why but everytime trade talk comes up, Reasoner to Buffalo comes up. I know he's form Rochester but that shouldn't warrant any more/less of his chances to come here.

I spent some time this weekend searching the rumor sites. Is there one that's worth the time? I went to that site that has the Eklund clown that gets mentioned here once in a while, has he gotten one right? I thought Roloson was to be traded this weekend?

Is there a site that actualy gets one right once in a while?

I now hear from edmonton the deal is

To Buffalo:

Peca

Reasoner

To Edmonton:

Biron

The hold up is Lowe wants Afinagenov also.......not going to happen their

That's an awful deal for us. What are we gonna do with Peca?? Reasoner would only be good until Connolly returns, then he'd be useless.

Guys i'd desperatly wanna see come over is Ethan Morneu, Steve Statios or Raffie Torres.

I want a deal to get done for one of our goalies as much as anyone, but seriously... these rumored trades would be garbage for us. The only players from Edmonton that I'd truly want and see being a major upgrade in talent would be Ryan Smyth or Chris Pronger. Assuming, they're not available, I'd see a deal with Edmonton being pretty hard to make. I can't see Darcy hanging on and not pulling the trigger as long as he has only to get a mediocre deal at best.

The guys that are being talked about from Peca to Reasoner to any other name being batted about would have a hard time being productive enough to even stick on this roster right now. We have a pretty good team, top to bottom, right now. I'd like to see it get better, but lets not screw it up making deals that make no sense either.

That's an awful deal for us. What are we gonna do with Peca?? Reasoner would only be good until Connolly returns, then he'd be useless.

Guys i'd desperatly wanna see come over is Ethan Morneu, Steve Statios or Raffie Torres.

Briere,

I have a pretty good handle on what Moreau and Staois could bring but to me Torres is a bit of an enigma. He seems to be very streaky (much like Satan) but a bit tougher than Miro. Could you give us your scouting report on him?

Thanks.

I want a deal to get done for one of our goalies as much as anyone, but seriously... these rumored trades would be garbage for us. The only players from Edmonton that I'd truly want and see being a major upgrade in talent would be Ryan Smyth or Chris Pronger. Assuming, they're not available, I'd see a deal with Edmonton being pretty hard to make. I can't see Darcy hanging on and not pulling the trigger as long as he has only to get a mediocre deal at best.

The guys that are being talked about from Peca to Reasoner to any other name being batted about would have a hard time being productive enough to even stick on this roster right now. We have a pretty good team, top to bottom, right now. I'd like to see it get better, but lets not screw it up making deals that make no sense either.

I don't think you are looking hard enough at Edmonton's roster. I guy like Staios would go into our top 6(maybe even top 4) blueline rotation and Moreau would be a great pickup as a 3rd line forward. He's got everything you want in terms of a forward that you need come playoff time.

The only players from Edmonton that I'd truly want and see being a major upgrade in talent would be Ryan Smyth or Chris Pronger.

jesus did you see that rocket pronger unleashed with 1 sec left on the clock to tie the edmonton game last night?? unbelievable. i could give a rat's ass about edmonton and i was standing up cheering in my living room!

I now hear from edmonton the deal is

To Buffalo:

Peca

Reasoner

To Edmonton:

Biron

The hold up is Lowe wants Afinagenov also.......not going to happen their

One other thought that no one above mentioned, Edmonton just brought in two new D-men. Looks to me like they are getting ready to ship one out.

I have a pretty good handle on what Moreau and Staois could bring but to me Torres is a bit of an enigma. He seems to be very streaky (much like Satan) but a bit tougher than Miro. Could you give us your scouting report on him?

Thanks.

Torres has a pretty wide offensive skillset. He's fast, has good hands, can stickhandle, has a hard shot with a quick release, and is excellent around the net. He's a natural goal scorer and has decent vision. I don't think he's ever going to be a true playmaker at the NHL level and his size is average at best. He doesn't really play small and is decently strong with the puck. His upside IMO is 25-30 goals and around 50 points. Like you alluded to, he's very streaky and inconsistent. Defensively he's average, he definitely won't be on any PK unit, but he's not going to kill you in your own zone.

Slightly above average player that will score some goals for you and can play on the PP. However, he's the type that has some trade value, but Edmonton fans would move him without hesitation. That scares me a bit.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Sabres jersey, but at the same time there wouldn't be a parade.

jesus did you see that rocket pronger unleashed with 1 sec left on the clock to tie the edmonton game last night?? unbelievable. i could give a rat's ass about edmonton and i was standing up cheering in my living room!

One of my best friends is a long time Blues fan and we often talk hockey. He was extremely sad to see Pronger go (along with the rest of the farm at this point), as he was one of his all time favorite players... and for good reason. I highly doubt much, if anything, would pry Pronger away from Edmonton, but if it was at all a remote possibility to add Pronger to this team, we'd be one serious handful to take down come playoff time. The man is just a beast who can chew up ice time, punish people, and has a lot of offensive talent as well. When healthy he's hands down the best in the game.

I do like that Raffi Torres. He's quick and angry!

I actually think most of the forwards on the Sabres roster are significantly better than reasoner with much more upside. He's a weak third line center at best. I would even go as far as saying he is borderline NHL. I don't know why but everytime trade talk comes up, Reasoner to Buffalo comes up. I know he's form Rochester but that shouldn't warrant any more/less of his chances to come here.

I'm on record as stating that I like Reasoner's play and his local connection, but that said, at this time, he shouldn't be the major part of any deal for Biron. We do have too many of his calibre or better. And if you put him with Peca, Reasoner becomes the major part of the deal (because Peca isn't the player he was).

I'm on record as stating that I like Reasoner's play and his local connection, but that said, at this time, he shouldn't be the major part of any deal for Biron. We do have too many of his calibre or better. And if you put him with Peca, Reasoner becomes the major part of the deal (because Peca isn't the player he was).

Not to mention that we don't have the roster space for 2 forwards once everyone is all healed up!

Has everyone lost his marbles? There is NO WAY, repeat NO WAY, we are trading for Peca and his $4 million salary. We weren't going to pay him $4 million when he was good and we were close to the Cup; we are certainly not going to do so now, when he is mediocre, has incinerated his bridges with Darcy and the rest of the organ-eye-zation, we have a lot of good forwards and a well-defined budget.

I know it's been a few days since the last game and I am as antsy as anyone for the game tomorrow night -- and am happy to kill the time discussing trade rumors that have a shred of possibility -- but this kind of speculation is just silly.

We also aren't going to bring back Miro, Zhitnik, Dominik, Barnaby, Ted Nolan, etc. etc. Sometimes it's best to move on. I'm glad we have -- I like our team the way it is. If we're going to add a piece, it's not going to be someone with significant previous baggage in a Sabres uniform

Go Sabres.

Archived