Did you hear what Rob Ray said before the game...

LabattBlue

I'm sure it was a joke. Rob Ray is half tongue in cheek in everything he says. I don't remember him being such a when he used to do the intermissions with Danny Gare in 03-04 before signing with the Sens.

Did you hear it? He wasn't joking. Just a case of not thinking before speaking. :)

He was either joking, or expecting a fightfest. I doubt rob ray is so stupid to assume that peters would have a hat trick.

On the limited times when directv hasn't cut off the feed before the shootout starts, i enjoy rob ray. He's a good guy and gives perspective on "his" team. It's refereshing to hear him refer to the sabres as "we". We could have a whole lot worse (i.e. darren pang, joe theisman, etc.)

Kevin Sylvester said that Peters will be dressing for the game, to which Rob responded..."Peters could have a BIG impact on the game".

This gets my vote for the dumbest hockey statement of the year. :blink: :blink:

I know what you mean but I'm pretty sure Rayzor thought it would be a slugfest where Peter's can actually help out.

I know what you mean but I'm pretty sure Rayzor thought it would be a slugfest where Peter's can actually help out.

If Ray has been watching any hockey this year, he'd realize that fighting is down significantly. Therefore, even if he thought Peters was going to get into a fight(which is tough to do when he is only getting 3 minute of ice time per game), why would he feel that the fight would have a BIG impact on the game. Last time I looked the only thing that counts is goals scored vs. goals against. Fights won or lost don't determine who wins or loses the game. I think the punches Ray took during his career are starting to take their toll on him.

Archived