GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Teams are now figuring out how to beat us. They know that the only way to play with the speed on this team is to stay on top of us and give us no ice to work with. It has forced us to play more defensive...and then when we do play aggressive, it's almost like we do so blind, and leave ourselves open to the 2 and 3 on 1's.

Agreed...that tying goal was the first one that has really bothered me.

That being said, I am sold - this team needs to get much tougher, both physically and mentally, before we can consider them a Cup contender...I think it's time to pull the trigger, and start upgrading this lineup.

I think Lindy needs to go with a two-fold approach...start with a healthy scratch or two, and also leak a trade rumor or two to the News reporters that the Sabres are looking to deal to upgrade certain areas...make the boys a little uncomfortable. Then if they don't respond, trade their ...

Ya... Right, then the petulant pussies will revolt and where will that leave us? Duplicating the Maple Leafs when the set they record of wins to start the season, ONLY TO MISS THE PLAYOFF'S...

I fear, IMO, this team is a lot more mentally fragile than we think! :(

Ugh, Lydman was TERRIBLE 2nite. What a costly giveaway on the 4th goal, he didn't even look where he was putting the puck he just flipped it up the boards where there were THREE Islanders players...there's no excuse for that kind of play. He and Campbell were a team-leading -3 tonite.

And surprise, surprise, we are out-hit again tonite, 24-13.

Ugh, Lydman was TERRIBLE 2nite. What a costly giveaway on the 4th goal, he didn't even look where he was putting the puck he just flipped it up the boards where there were THREE Islanders players...there's no excuse for that kind of play. He and Campbell were a team-leading -3 tonite.

And surprise, surprise, we are out-hit again tonite, 24-13.

I disagree. The safe play is always to move the puck up along the boards. This is what they are taught. If you want an answer to the problem, ask yourself where the right winger was on that play.

1. Did I really see FOUR Sabres digging the puck out of their own corner on a Buffalo power play in the third? Disgusting.

2. When was the last time a Sabre really punished an opposing player for playing the puck near the boards? Before Thanksgiving?