GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Another :censored: goal set up by our defense's inability to clear the puck out of the zone and inability to clear the front of the net.

A 3rd-period lead blown for the second straight night... :bag:

That's it, I don't wanne hear anymore "did you think they were going to go 82-0" from anyone - When you lose games in the 3rd, after a 5 day layoff again bottom feeders, you're #%^$#!. Plain and simple.

i'm with you man. and i tell you what, i can handle losses when your team plays hard, but this BS of losing leads in the 3rd period? how long has lydman been in the league? he was barely getting pressure, but maybe he just didn't want to take the hit, and he softly clears the puck up the boards right to an islander? and when we need to bear down and tie it, the islanders actually end up looking like the team that needs the game-tying goal not us - and they get one. spacek with another atrocious lazy penalty.

soft and weak. as i said last night, this is no longer a slump, this is is a problem.

It's official, the wheels have fallen off. Contrary to what I have said before, this is not a very good team. I'm not even sure trades can salvage what seems to be a total free fall.

Yeah. I don't think it's *that* bad, but at the same time I'm feeling quite let down. I really hope they get this ship turned around. I'm starting to feel the cold breath of the Buffalo Sports Specter on the back of my neck. I'm not going to rationalize this one away though, our team is needing to seriously get back on track.

Living in Atlanta, if the Thrashers come up and take 1st into the playoffs, I'm not sure my heart can take all of the bandwagon-hopping I'll have to put up with.

-Jeff

It's official, the wheels have fallen off. Contrary to what I have said before, this is not a very good team. I'm not even sure trades can salvage what seems to be a total free fall.

The wheels have never been on.

Let's face it, they had a very good October because they were all healthy and willing to work their butts off.

They managed to squeak out a few lucky shootout wins in the process which probably made it all look a little rosier, but the grim fact is - This team has not dominated at any time during the season, apart from knocking The Cryers silly, and thumping Nashville.

Sorry, I have not seen anything from this team that leads me to believe they'll make it past the first round of the playoffs. No work ethic, our defense is soft with and without the puck, our forwards think they're all the next coming of Gretzky, and our goaltender is human.

Actually, there is something to see here. Bmwolf21, add this link to your signature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lwFWhVWQXc

luckily it is just a hockey game and posts like this not only make me laugh, but realize there are more important things in life than a group of millionaires that forgot what it was like to work hard.

oh, and memo to out-of-town broadcasters, it is almost time to stop considering these good wins for your team. no offense to the jackets or isles announcers, but you didn't beat the best team in the conference, that title belongs to teams like the devils and sens..you didn't beat the team that wore buffalo jerseys the first 25 games..

god i hate those jerseys.... :beer:

Darcy...Keep convincing yourself that this team is great and that you don't need to make any moves except for waiting(I mean praying) that Connolly comes back.

Too many passengers again...Pominville, Roy, Drury, Max, Vanek, the 4th line and just when you thought good goaltending would steal you two points...Miller falls apart in the 3rd period.

Very disappointing EFFORT once again. :thumbdown:

it's a weak goal and i understand your post PA, but i just don't think he the problem worth concentrating on right now.

I agree. Ryan's not the problem. It's the defense and the lack of physical play. Hell, even some of the puck handling has been suspect.

I've gotta believe Ruff sees the same stuff a bunch of beer swilling message board fans see and that he's trying to correct it.

-Jeff

it's a weak goal and i understand your post PA, but i just don't think he the problem worth concentrating on right now.

Agreed...that tying goal was the first one that has really bothered me.

That being said, I am sold - this team needs to get much tougher, both physically and mentally, before we can consider them a Cup contender...I think it's time to pull the trigger, and start upgrading this lineup.

Darcy...Keep convincing yourself that this team is great and that you don't need to make any moves except for waiting(I mean praying) that Connolly comes back.

Too many passengers again...Pominville, Roy, Drury, Max, Vanek, the 4th line and just when you thought good goaltending would steal you two points...Miller falls apart in the 3rd period.

Very disappointing EFFORT once again. :thumbdown:

I think Lindy needs to go with a two-fold approach...start with a healthy scratch or two, and also leak a trade rumor or two to the News reporters that the Sabres are looking to deal to upgrade certain areas...make the boys a little uncomfortable. Then if they don't respond, trade their ...

Two other thoughts until Tuesday...

Do we have any player who can stay on their skates. I swear that every 30 seconds there is another Sabre laying on the ice.

What exactly does this team work on in practice. I think it is time for Lindy to march into the shower room with a bunch of hockey sticks and go ballistic like the manager from Bull Durham. Bunch of lollygaggers. :thumbsup: