Oiler Trades

Taro T

What gives here? How do I find out about a hockey trade on SDS's Bills board instead of his Sabres board?

You guys are slipping. :P

Tarnstrom for Rita (prospect) and Cross.

Spacek for Salmelainen (prospect).

I'd love to see Spacek come to Buffalo for Marty. (Didn't say I expect to see it happen, just that I want to see it happen.) Maybe this is the start of some dominos tumbling.

Link

Got this off the hfboard from "mike755":

I was listening to the Team 1200 here in Ottawa on the Sens pre-game show tonight , and they had the pre-game round table with rumblings and rumors and Bob Mckenzie was on and reported the following...here's the summary

He said that something is gonig down with the Oil following the 2 trades they made today. Biron is very close to being an Oiler. Apperantly Lowe had the 2 deals done earlier in the day but waited till 4/430 to announce the deals since he was hopeing to have A deal for Biron completed with the other 2.

- Lowe spent alot of last night and today speaking with Darcy Regier and team managment. Also what may be holding up the deal was in fact that Buffalo was requestion a top 4 D in the deal , which is why Loww went out and got some backup and made the 2 trades today. Even more is that Lowe was discussing things with managment and even got a package together for Marc Denis as a backup plan but they rather not go there seeing as Denis is not a significant backup

So the deal would be as follows:

To EDM: Biron

To BUF : Staios , Moreau/Dvorak , 2nd round pick *if it's Dvorak then it will be a there would be no pick or even Buffalo adding a player

That would then leave the Oil with 3 goalies , but would most likely send Conklin to the minors or try and trade him adn go with Biron and Markanen.

What this guy told me was Loew wasen't saying too much but said it could be done by end of the weekend and begining of next week , and while it can still fall apart , it's looking good and something is defenitly up!

He finished by saying Lowe wants Edmonton to be a legitmate threat and contend with the Flames and Cancuks for the Northwest title and thinks the D and a Goalie will defenitly do that

Anyway , you don't gotta believe me ,I don't really care , I'm just passing on what I heard cause i know it's important news ......nothing is confirmed by any means so yah but this roundtable stuff on every Sens pre-game is very legit and gets alot of attention. This is huge , I'm defenitly going to be following this , something could happen soon!

PS A little surprised no Edmonton radio has reproted on this yet , but I'm sure they will pick up on it tommorow ....Mckenzie was breaking the story saying it's not widely known yet although alot of Emonton media has allready hinted towards this!

Stay Tuned.......

i think that trade might be a good one... if we can get 2 so-so defenseman for a somewhat avearge goalie i think well be the winners on that deal... Edmonton doesn't know what there getting themselves into with this trade.... i only hope regier does know...

Got this off the hfboard from "mike755":

I was listening to the Team 1200 here in Ottawa on the Sens pre-game show tonight , and they had the pre-game round table with rumblings and rumors and Bob Mckenzie was on and reported the following...here's the summary

He said that something is gonig down with the Oil following the 2 trades they made today. Biron is very close to being an Oiler. Apperantly Lowe had the 2 deals done earlier in the day but waited till 4/430 to announce the deals since he was hopeing to have A deal for Biron completed with the other 2.

- Lowe spent alot of last night and today speaking with Darcy Regier and team managment. Also what may be holding up the deal was in fact that Buffalo was requestion a top 4 D in the deal , which is why Loww went out and got some backup and made the 2 trades today. Even more is that Lowe was discussing things with managment and even got a package together for Marc Denis as a backup plan but they rather not go there seeing as Denis is not a significant backup

So the deal would be as follows:

To EDM: Biron

To BUF : Staios , Moreau/Dvorak , 2nd round pick *if it's Dvorak then it will be a there would be no pick or even Buffalo adding a player

That would then leave the Oil with 3 goalies , but would most likely send Conklin to the minors or try and trade him adn go with Biron and Markanen.

What this guy told me was Loew wasen't saying too much but said it could be done by end of the weekend and begining of next week , and while it can still fall apart , it's looking good and something is defenitly up!

He finished by saying Lowe wants Edmonton to be a legitmate threat and contend with the Flames and Cancuks for the Northwest title and thinks the D and a Goalie will defenitly do that

Anyway , you don't gotta believe me ,I don't really care , I'm just passing on what I heard cause i know it's important news ......nothing is confirmed by any means so yah but this roundtable stuff on every Sens pre-game is very legit and gets alot of attention. This is huge , I'm defenitly going to be following this , something could happen soon!

PS A little surprised no Edmonton radio has reproted on this yet , but I'm sure they will pick up on it tommorow ....Mckenzie was breaking the story saying it's not widely known yet although alot of Emonton media has allready hinted towards this!

Stay Tuned.......

That what I was kinda thinking when I heard of the trades that the Oilers made..........Lets see what happens......... B-)

Archived