GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

:w00t: After seeing his play last night, I am starting to like the idea of making the trap an illegal defense. Compared to the play of the other 5 goalies last night, Brodeur had no business being on the ice. Lehtonen or **gasp** Emery would have better represented the East last night.

(Full Recap)

Come on...according to Scott Burnside, he's been dominating this year...

Remember ... don't get hurt

Want to know what the All-Star Game is like for netminders? Well, Brodeur is having one of the most dominating seasons for a goaltender in recent memory, but managed to get lit up for six goals on 16 shots.

"You've got to be careful not to get hurt," he said. "A couple of times, I got myself to really stretch really high. I'm like, 'What am I doing?' It doesn't really matter if I get scored on for seven or eight goals. I just want to make sure I didn't get hurt. But when you're competitive, you have to be careful."

He did turn in one highlight-reel save, somehow rolling and stopping a point-blank Jonathan Cheechoo shot.

SO that's it? He was just playing soft so he wouldn't get hurt? I knew there had to be a reason... :doh: