GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Yeah, I don't want to blame them for that tool of a rink announcer. But here's an idea, let's not give a player a bag of potato chips during an in-game interview. And how about announcing who assisted on a goal. (Nice assist Danny.)

speaking of the chips, my opinion on ovechkin has basically changed. He made a dumb mistake, he paid for it. Other than that, this is a kid who came over from another country and is having fun. Can't blame him for that. I thought the chips was entertaining. would have been more entertaining had he ate some chips off of that chick's cleavage.

speaking of the chips, my opinion on ovechkin has basically changed. He made a dumb mistake, he paid for it. Other than that, this is a kid who came over from another country and is having fun. Can't blame him for that. I thought the chips was entertaining. would have been more entertaining had he ate some chips off of that chick's cleavage.

The Ovechkin thing pissed me off to no end, but mostly because the league pussed out and didn't suspend him. I've seen enough of him to know that he plays tough, is a great talent and doesn't seem to have that nasty, malicious streak that guys like Kaspar and Tucker have...

GOAL BRIERE!

Glad to see Marty Brodeur is making Ryan look outstanding by comparison...

Well, after this I don't want to hear the idiots on XM Home Ice babbling about how Brodeur should be starting ahead of Ryan. Marty doesn't have the trap in front of him tonight.

Ovechkin finally gets the golden boys on the board. Still no goals from Crosby.

Yahoo! Sports is doing a bang-up job with the live scoring:

Scoring Summary

1st Period

3:38, Unknown 1 (power play) (unassisted)

5:08, Unknown 2 (power play) (unassisted)

13:07, Unknown 3 (power play) (unassisted)

13:43, Unknown 4 (power play) (unassisted)

18:55, Unknown 5 (power play) (unassisted)

2nd Period

2:41, Unknown 6 (power play) (unassisted)

5:19, Unknown 7 (power play) (unassisted)

6:29, Unknown 8 (power play) (unassisted)

8:30, Unknown 9 (power play) (unassisted)

10:40, Unknown 10 (power play) (unassisted)

11:34, Unknown 11 (power play) (unassisted)

12:47, Unknown 12 (power play) (unassisted)

13:32, Unknown 13 (power play) (unassisted)

On VS the scoring summary shows Boucher assisting on one of the East goals. Jesus.

Briere: three points. Ovechkin: one - and that off a pass from Briere. Crosby: a big fat zero. And from the hype you would have thought OV and Sid were the entire East starting lineup.

Amazing how human Marty looks without the trap huh? Marty sure showed why he should have been the starter tonight... :lol:

Too bad that his mic got busted, because one of the ass-hats in the booth could ask him if the red light was giving him a sunburn. :lol:

I haven't seen a goalie get shelled like that since I watched Darren Pang get bombed in an old-timer's game (he was mic'd up too).

Why do the refs have silver stripes and not orange?

A couple of guesses:

1. The colors on the NHL logo used to be black and orange, now they are black and silver, so they finally updated the refs uniforms to match the new logo colors.

2. Silver looks better than orange on RailCam (make that RAAAAAIIIIILLLLCAAAAAAMMMMMM)

This has to be one of the funniest "mic'ed up" segments I have ever head...listening to Turco go back & forth while the puck is in his end and then listening to him giving the East players grief for celebrating near him was pretty cool...he didn't come across as big of d!ck as he seems...