GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

Versus, CBC

It's East vs. West with 5 Buffalo Sabres involved.

Daniel Briere, Starting Forward

Brian Campbell, Starting Defense

Ryan Miller, Starting Goalie

Lindy Ruff, Head Coach for Eastern All Stars

Rip Simonek, Equipment Manager for Eastern All Stars

What do i hope for? Obviously ZERO INJURIES!!! I also hope for our guys to score some major goals, make some great saves, win, get the MVP, and leave ovechkin's skates with some broken blades and his sticks warped (Git'R Done Ripper!!!)

Should be a good time had by all! The only stress free hockey game till next September!

OK, is it just me, or did the pregame suck? A crappy pre-game song from someone I have never heard of, a garden-variety highlight film and the idiot being lowered from the rafters onto the ice...

Just seemed like too much sound & fury, signifying nothing...

OK, is it just me, or did the pregame suck? A crappy pre-game song from someone I have never heard of, a garden-variety highlight film and the idiot being lowered from the rafters onto the ice...

Just seemed like too much sound & fury, signifying nothing...

Yeah, that pregame show rivals Superbowl halftime shows on the crappiness scale. And from the highlights, you wouldn't think there were any Sabres playing in the game.

The only Sabre I saw in the highlights was one who isn't even here - Max was highlighted early on.

And to be honest, I thought the pre-game show fell short of the crappy Super Bowl halftime shows...

Don't know about everyone else, but I am not sold on the rail cam yet. I like the positioning it gets, but it's wayyyy too jerky.
Not sold on the rail cam, simply b/c I am already tired of watching it shoot along the rail and distract from the play...

It's way too "video game" for me... plus, i should not be required to take dramamine before i sit down to watch the game. This could be trouble if Versus gets the NHL to install that thing at the rinks for the playoffs. bad news...

This whole game production is way too "video game" for me...for me, it's like when you stumble across a website where someone decided to put every possible HTML, flash, audio and visual effect they can on the site, and it looks like an overwhelming mess...

This whole game production is way too "video game" for me...for me, it's like when you stumble across a website where someone decided to put every possible HTML, flash, audio and visual effect they can on the site, and it looks like an overwhelming mess...

Yeah, I've had it with Vs. This whole production is an embarassment.

The Versus production seems to be getting worse, IMO. Instead of focusing on the camera work, play-by-play/in-game announcing, and cutting down on the ridiculous pop-up animations, they've opted to not fix those poor aspects of their production and instead focused on adding more useless crap to their coverage.

For the All-Star game, I don't want to throw Versus under the bus completely - the NHL's and the Dallas Stars' hands are just as dirty with this crappy pre-game, crappy PA announcer, etc.

The Versus production seems to be getting worse, IMO. Instead of focusing on the camera work, play-by-play/in-game announcing, and cutting down on the ridiculous pop-up animations, they've opted to not fix those poor aspects of their production and instead focused on adding more useless crap to their coverage.

For the All-Star game, I don't want to throw Versus under the bus completely - the NHL's and the Dallas Stars' hands are just as dirty with this crappy pre-game, crappy PA announcer, etc.

Yeah, I don't want to blame them for that tool of a rink announcer. But here's an idea, let's not give a player a bag of potato chips during an in-game interview. And how about announcing who assisted on a goal. (Nice assist Danny.)