GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Does anyone know who will be competing in which events?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/allstar2007/...tory?id=2740329

Nice, there is a shootout with one shooter from each conference. The shooter for the West will be Teemu Selanne against Miller. Should be a great event.

In another shootout, Miller faces Sakic, Ryan Smyth, Brian Rolston, and Joe Thorton.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/allstar2007/...tory?id=2740329

Nice, there is a shootout with one shooter from each conference. The shooter for the West will be Teemu Selanne against Miller. Should be a great event.

In another shootout, Miller faces Sakic, Ryan Smyth, Brian Rolston, and Joe Thorton.

Nice. Am I dreaming, or didn't the league try having each team do their own skills competition, and the top 3 or 5 in each event were supposed to go to the All-Star game for the league-wide competition? I thought maybe early 90s they tried that...

the "rail cam" sucks. the angle is bad and the track and camera cause quite a distraction from the traditional camera angle. TERRIBLE!!!!

vanek with an assist

Yes, the rail cam is not worth all the hype, IMO.

this is GOD AWFUL to watch....

if the NHL is trying to promote their game and gain new viewers, this kind of BS aint gonna do it

players standing around, allowing any and everything to get by them....

this is a disgrace

also, seems as if the arena is half full, no crwod noise, even the announcers seem like they could care less, players score and the tone in their voice doesnt change a bit...WDF!

THe whole idea of a mid-season NHL All-Star game is absurd... Just imagine if someone gets hurt... Turns an ankle or what not?

How many stars does BFLO have in it... The Sabres Cup run could be seriously tested if say Miller breaks his leg or something...

Just let them skate, let everything go by you and the highest score win...

Isn't it basically a non-checking game (the All-Star)? JUst imagine how the Sabres would roll in this kind of environment!

THe whole idea of a mid-season NHL All-Star game is absurd... Just imagine if someone gets hurt... Turns an ankle or what not?

How many stars does BFLO have in it... The Sabres Cup run could be seriously tested if say Miller breaks his leg or something...

Just let them skate, let everything go by you and the highest score win...

Isn't it basically a non-checking game (the All-Star)? JUst imagine how the Sabres would roll in this kind of environment!

They don't skate hard enough in the games to worry about injuries...hence they are the two most boring sporting events on TV! I realize I am probably in a very small minority, but I cannot watch this whole All-Star week mess!

for replays the railcam is fine, but it is not fast enough to follow live action and when they switch away from it you have no idea what is going on for a second ... it's just too close to the action to see the whole game.

what a joke ... the automatic timer thing for fastest skater is broken, they are using a stopwatch... this league just can't get out of its own way.

Who cares. :lol: This is for fun.

Yeah except they make such a big deal of "showcasing the game for new fans" and then crap like this happens ... if it was just for diehards like us I would agree, but they continually ignore what their current fans want in favor of these mysterious new fans, and this what they see ...

Yeah except they make such a big deal of "showcasing the game for new fans" and then crap like this happens ... if it was just for diehards like us I would agree, but they continually ignore what their current fans want in favor of these mysterious new fans, and this what they see ...

Eh, we missed Rafalski. So we really didn't miss anything.