Rumor Mill

Toddkaz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://v2.hockeybuzz.com/eblog/Default.aspx:

-Carolina may make a serious push for Doug Weight. I am still hearing that Ottawa is the out and out favorite, but I don`t expect Weight to go anywhere until after the olympics. Doesn`t make sense for either side to make the move earlier than needed.

http://hockey-leaks.blogspot.com/:

-The Leafs have acquired defenseman Jamie Rivers from Detroit for a conditional draft pick. This is all pending a physical."

-Leafs are about to pull the trigger on a deal that would send Shane Doan and Curtis Joseph to Toronto in exchange for Jason Allison, Nik Antropov, Jay Harrison and a 5th rd pick.

-Belfour to Edmonton for Steve Staios."

-Mats Sundin could be on his way to a new team. Reports out of Toronto this morning suggest that Sundin is unhappy in Toronto, and may welcome a change of scenery. If you want to start speculating on who's coming to Toronto in return, Calgary and Vancouver are two teams who would apparently be interested in the Veteran centre. How about a package that sends Sundin and Belfour to Vancouver for Bertuzzi and a defenseman?

-Dwayne Roloson told reporters yesterday that he expects one of the Minnesota goalies to be dealt, whether it was him or Fernandez he did not know. It looks like Roloson could be the one traded, with Vancouver, Edmonton, Colorado and Tampa Bay in the running

http://www.sportsline.com/nhl/story/NHL_SC-RUMOR:

-Center Brad Richards, who is in line for a big raise next summer from the salary-cap challenged Lightning, remains a prime target for trade before the deadline, according to several speculators, with Minnesota and Nashville thought to be first in line among team that could acquire him.

-Leafs captain Mats Sundin's days with the team could be numbered. Sundin is thought to be unhappy with the Leafs declining fortunes, and while he won't ask for a trade, the newspaper believes the team could ask him to waive his no-trade clause if its playoff hopes fade away.

Brad Richards would look good here, Lets not panic and make a trade let us sit and watch on the sidelines like free agency.

P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E will net us player. Teams like Toronto who are pushing the salary cap limits will need ot purge to be able to rebuild there team and payroll in the coming years.

Teams in this position is where the Sabres should be able to get real good trade value. Teams who have ot purge will accept less, or next to nothing when it comes to clearing salary cap space.

-Carolina may make a serious push for Doug Weight. I am still hearing that Ottawa is the out and out favorite

What will they have to give up?

The Leafs have acquired defenseman Jamie Rivers

BFD

-Leafs are about to pull the trigger on a deal that would send Shane Doan and Curtis Joseph to Toronto in exchange for Jason Allison, Nik Antropov, Jay Harrison and a 5th rd pick.

This is good for Toronto?

-Belfour to Edmonton for Steve Staios.

Good for both I guess.

How about a package that sends Sundin and Belfour to Vancouver for Bertuzzi and a defenseman?

Please do that.

not a chance in hell... i don't think leaf fans want joseph back in toronto... although anything is better then belfour at this point... THAT will never happen... and as for sundin... he's already stated his only interest is in toronto... he doesn't want to be traded.

Archived