GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Anyone else know exactly who was going to score that goal before they even crossed the Montreal blue line? You could just see that he had a two stride lead on the far side. I said uh-oh long before the puck was in the net. Too bad, 'cause it was a great game. Glad to see the Sabres getting battling back again. Hope they take that aspect out of this game and don't focus on the loss.

Agreed...painful loss of at least a point.

One amusing thing, I was watching the Hockey Night in Canada feed and the announcers kept pointing out each time the Canadians' fans would sing that stupid 'Ovey song, or whatever it is, the Sabres would score. They actually seem kind of nervous in the last 90 seconds when the fans started in.

All-Star break is well needed. Maybe Tallinder can get back...and stay healthy.

Anybody notice who was out there for the game winner on defense?

Kalinin. What good did he do? Absolutely none.

I'm tired of the Numminen/Kalinin combination. They cause more harm than good.

Teppo looks tired, and Dmitri just isn't smart enough.

It was 4 on 2 what did you what from Kalinin and Teppo??

Relax everyone! Sure a point would have been nice and shouldn't compare to other teams... BFLO is still 2nd in the league... Sure a pt. down on the streaking the Pred... And streaking is the word for a team BFLO throttled minus HT... BUT... Even know it was a "rough" Jan. to this point... BFLO is still 5-5-1 in the month...

Not bad for a mid-season "slump"... .500 hockey with your best D-man getting healthy and some other nagging little injuries...

Would have been nice to get the pt... Again, relax... Like one caller said yesterday, this is the way the Sabres were winning to start the season... As they did yesterday against the 'Nucks...

Live by the "sword", die by the "sword!"... :D

Today they died... Yesterday they lived!... :D

i have suffered like no one on this board i bet.

i ran college xc...and in 2002-04, (age 37-39) ran 1:16 in the half marathon 3 times, and ran marathons in 2:43, 2:46 and 2:48...not world class, but i trained hard to do it....averaged 105 miles a week for nine straight months from 2003-04. i know about fatigue.

when you know you're getting a 5 day break, if you want it bad enough, you can perform.

The point I was getting at is this. After you ran one of the races, could you have duplicated your time the next day?

It's a tough loss to come back from 0-3 and then to lose 4-3 on a goal that was caused by the opposition out hustling us to the puck., But, i'll take it going into the all star break. Briere looks to be off of his schnide, paetsch is playing better, paille and stafford are playing to stay, and did i mention we're getting healthy? Hecht and Tallinder appear ready to return for columbus, with novotny not far behind. Plus you have tim connolly who sounds like he'll be ready to go in the next month or so. I'll last night's loss. it gives the team something to think about during the break.

not sure if already posted, but ...

...from NHL.com...

"Briere tied it at 3 with his second goal of the game 8:37 into the third.

He got credit for his 18th of the season when Campbell's point shot deflected off his left skate and inside the left post."

uhhmm, no...it clearly went in off his blade after 98,000 replays and a call to toronto.

not sure if already posted, but ...

...from NHL.com...

"Briere tied it at 3 with his second goal of the game 8:37 into the third.

He got credit for his 18th of the season when Campbell's point shot deflected off his left skate and inside the left post."

uhhmm, no...it clearly went in off his blade after 98,000 replays and a call to toronto.

well, the press got it wrong on friday night too when they stated that "pyatt scored a goal". But, i digress.

The point I was getting at is this. After you ran one of the races, could you have duplicated your time the next day?

i wouldn't run the same time the next day, but if i was racing a lesser athlete, i'd make sure i beat him.

besides, it's an entirely different sport. no one races 80-100 times a year.