GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

Well, the sabres will either come out completely dead tired, or they'll come out like they did during the 3rd period of last night's game. I really don't think there'll be an inbetween. The sabres are still a wounded animal though, so montreal has a lot to be worried about. However, they didn't have to play last night, so they'll be rested. I don't really have a feel for how this one will end up, so i'll just watch the game, with the fresh reminder to never change the channel in the last minute of play. Never can you count these guys out!

I'm always surprised how this team plays counter to conventional wisdom (CW). CW says they should be tired and easy to exploit by a Montreal team that plays an annoying, but good, style of trap and go hockey. My guess is the Sabres will play decent in the first when by all rights they shouldn't. Divisional teams have been our toughest foes this year. If Montreal wants to catch the Sabres, they need this game. They'll be motivated, we'll be tired. The Sabres will have to steal one to get a win tonight.

More times than not, it seems that the road team playing the 2nd game in back to back nights comes out stronger than the rested home team. The home team gets thinking it should be an easy win with a tired team coming into town. Buffalo should be strong in the first, but may get winded later on in the game. Could this mean Peters will be dressed tonight.

More times than not, it seems that the road team playing the 2nd game in back to back nights comes out stronger than the rested home team. The home team gets thinking it should be an easy win with a tired team coming into town. Buffalo should be strong in the first, but may get winded later on in the game. Could this mean Peters will be dressed tonight.

If Peters dresses that shortens up the bench even more. Then you can't effectively roll 4 lines, which will fatigue the team even more. However with Novotny out it seems like Peters will probably dress.

Its sucks how one night ago we were the rested team going against the 'tired' team. And now tonight we ARE the tired team going up against the rested team. Eh, what goes around comes around i guess... However, I do hope that we play as good a game as what the sabres played in last nights thrid period and first half of the overtime. What..the first 2 minutes of the overtime all i heard on the radio was campbell to briere, to numineen, (and another player i forget who though) and the sabres were runnin the show against the sendin twins and whatever d-men they had out ther.. If the sabres have ne thing to build off of is not only the fact that they won but they killed off a crutial penalty against a hott power play unit...

I think they'll get fired up for this one and play 'balls to the wall'/ 'last game for six days' style and avenge a 5-2 loss on december 19th to these canadiens. Sabres 4-2. come on guys!! Go SABRES!!

Being the 'tired' team didn't show last night, I don't take that into consideration as much now.

I think the hungrier team will win. They'll work harder, and shouldn't leave any gas in the tank, with the layoff coming. If Marty's in net tonight, he'll be fresh.

GO SABRES!

If Peters dresses that shortens up the bench even more. Then you can't effectively roll 4 lines, which will fatigue the team even more. However with Novotny out it seems like Peters will probably dress.

MaCarthur up, hopefully he'll dress in Peters place and they can roll baby roll.

Its sucks how one night ago we were the rested team going against the 'tired' team. And now tonight we ARE the tired team going up against the rested team. Eh, what goes around comes around i guess... However, I do hope that we play as good a game as what the sabres played in last nights thrid period and first half of the overtime. What..the first 2 minutes of the overtime all i heard on the radio was campbell to briere, to numineen, (and another player i forget who though) and the sabres were runnin the show against the sendin twins and whatever d-men they had out ther.. If the sabres have ne thing to build off of is not only the fact that they won but they killed off a crutial penalty against a hott power play unit...

I think they'll get fired up for this one and play 'balls to the wall'/ 'last game for six days' style and avenge a 5-2 loss on december 19th to these canadiens. Sabres 4-2. come on guys!! Go SABRES!!

if these guys suck it up and play hard focused hockey for 60 minutes, they'll win by 3 goals.