GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Fantastic game tonight. Time to get out the worry beads though. This is NOT the type of game you want on back-to-back nights with a travel requirement as well. They have to be tired with all the effort exerted in the 3rd and OT to pull this one out. Having to go to Montreal after the game and play a rested team provides room for concern.

KOTALIK saved VANEK bacon tonight...

Remember when the Sabres were feared for their short handed goals. Now we watch in fear as teams burn us at least once maybe twice every week shorthanded.

Back in the points lead. Anaheim lost to Calgary and Nashville was idle. Wow Anaheim was 2-6-2 in their last ten before they lost tonight. Do you think they miss Pronger and their goal tenders?

Fantastic game tonight. Time to get out the worry beads though. This is NOT the type of game you want on back-to-back nights with a travel requirement as well. They have to be tired with all the effort exerted in the 3rd and OT to pull this one out. Having to go to Montreal after the game and play a rested team provides room for concern.

KOTALIK saved VANEK bacon tonight...

Remember when the Sabres were feared for their short handed goals. Now we watch in fear as teams burn us at least once maybe twice every week shorthanded.

Back in the points lead. Anaheim lost to Calgary and Nashville was idle. Wow Anaheim was 2-6-2 in their last ten before they lost tonight. Do you think they miss Pronger and their goal tenders?

Kind of makes you wonder why they schedule an 8:00 game when they know they have to travel right after. Back to backs are tough enough as it is. That extra hour just makes it worse.

Kind of makes you wonder why they schedule an 8:00 game when they know they have to travel right after. Back to backs are tough enough as it is. That extra hour just makes it worse.

Montreal is a "puddle jump" from BFLO... I don't agree though, but they probably do it for the people on Vancouver Island (more so than mainland BC and the city of Vancouver) and people in the rest of the PT zone... At 8:00 the game starts there at 5:00... Just as people are getting off of work... Would be kind of funky to start the game at 4:00 PT???

Man that was quite a ride!

That reminded me a little of what we all loved earlier in the year---no matter how, just find a way to win it...that PK in OT was unbelievable---players throwing themselves all over the place trying to block shots and get the puck out---that was a horrible play by Spacek to give them the PP, but that's another story...

Looks like the key to them finding a way to win is just giving effort--they were all over Vancouver in the 3rd period...

Overall nice game, they definitely could have won by a lot more with all the chances they had...

Unfortuntately, for this team... Effort means riding into town (the playoffs) on a banged up, frothing horse... This time it was Novotny... Is it bad luck or what, they play all effort and get hurt in the process?... It HAS to be in their heads... Trying to ride this baby without having to give it full throttle at the risk of blowing a piston!

Sorry for the dumbass analogies... :D

Game thoughts...

-Your co-captains shouldn't be taking dumb penalties. Lead by example guys!

-PP? There is not much left to say. Two shorthanded breakaways given up, one which ended up in the net.

-Vancouver gift wrapped two points for the Sabres by resting Luongo and putting in some journeyman scrub. The Sabres almost blew the opportunity.

-I thought Roy had another solid game.

-1st period very good. 2nd period embarrassing. Last 10 minutes of the game very good. Is it just not possible for this team to play without having a LONG brain cramp during the game.

-I was at the game and the crowd just wasn't in it, which was surprising for a Friday night.

-The shootout is very exciting to me, but they have to eliminate the delay between OT and the start of the shootout. Get rid of the zamboni resurface and let the coaches fill out their slips in 1 minute or less.

-The busload of "25 and under" people in the 100 level cheering for the Canucks were giving the security guards a handful. I would have been pissed if I was sitting behind or in front of them. Sabre fans need to reclaim the 4 sections directly behind the faceoff circles. This always seems to be where the busloads of Canadiens invade every time one of "their" teams come to town.

-Hopefully that is the last time we will see "around the world". :angry:

In summary....a win is a win. Despite playing a against a minor league goalie and a team that has been red hot, the Sabres found a way to win. I'll be very interested to see how they play tonight. I expect to see Biron in the nets.

That was truly a win that showed the fans that the sabres still have the heart of a champion. They played horrible during stretches, but they found a way to win, and that's all that matters. Off to montreal.

I had just been thinking recently that I hadn't had the feeling in a long time that when we're down in the third we're going to pull the game out somehow. Hopefully this game is a step back in that direction. That being said, we can't be taking periods off like we did in the second last night. We also have to start burying our chances. I guess that's a good thing, that we're generating some good chances and they'll eventually start to go in again...

Montreal is a "puddle jump" from BFLO... I don't agree though, but they probably do it for the people on Vancouver Island (more so than mainland BC and the city of Vancouver) and people in the rest of the PT zone... At 8:00 the game starts there at 5:00... Just as people are getting off of work... Would be kind of funky to start the game at 4:00 PT???

All but 1 Friday night home game this year have an 8:00 faceoff. It doesn't matter how short of a flight Montreal is, the team still has to get to the airport, fly to Montreal and go from the airport to their hotel. An extra hour would probably be nice.