GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8pm

This is the game where the WINNING streak can begin... But that's secondary to the big news: It's the return of Taylor Pyatt and Rory Fitzpatrick. I hope the latter gets a nice golf clap at the arena tomorrow... After all, it was this clown that, despite the half millon votes, ended up losing game 7 for us. Injuries, sminjuries... Fitzpatrick lost us the Prince of Wales Trophy, and hell shall be summoned upon him and his puny minions of canucks. I think Buffalo starts to roll tomorrow night... Paille and Stafford provided the spark that this team needs. It's also a beginnig of a back to back with the second game against the habs... I think this game screams for marty to start so that miller can bring his game to montreal. Thoughts??

8pm

This is the game where the WINNING streak can begin... But that's secondary to the big news: It's the return of Taylor Pyatt and Rory Fitzpatrick. I hope the latter gets a nice golf clap at the arena tomorrow... After all, it was this clown that, despite the half millon votes, ended up losing game 7 for us. Injuries, sminjuries... Fitzpatrick lost us the Prince of Wales Trophy, and hell shall be summoned upon him and his puny minions of canucks. I think Buffalo starts to roll tomorrow night... Paille and Stafford provided the spark that this team needs. It's also a beginnig of a back to back with the second game against the habs... I think this game screams for marty to start so that miller can bring his game to montreal. Thoughts??

What? No pre-game recognition on the scoreboard? No PA announcement welcoming back two players who gave so much to the Sabres? <_<

[/sarcasm]

As for the goalies, with the All-Star break looming, I could see Ryan playing three of the next four games - both this weekend, and then one next weekend - for selfish reasons, I hope he goes against Columbus next Friday - but coming off the All-Star break I think Lindy might be inclined to sit him and let him play the the Isles next Saturday.

i'm very curious about this hockey game. The 'nucks have been playing pretty well, including w's over NE opponents (MONT and OTT).

This is also their 2nd game in 2 nights in the midst of a cross-country roadtrip, so will they have an 'excuse' if they don't play well, like we've seen creep in to the sabre boxscore a few times over the last month.

Roberto Luongo is like Hansel from "Zoolander":

"He's very hot right now"

Some of these recent Sabres games, although they didn't play spectacular, they did fire alot of shots, but they weren't going in. They have faced some goalies that played excellent against the Sabres. Once they can crack in 2 or 3 kinda quick, then they seem to throw the goalie off. Thats what they need to do against VAN tonight, who is a little tired after the OTT win, come out firing fast!

LETS GO BUFFALO!! :thumbsup:

We need to try and take advantage of the fact that they are playing 2 games in 2 nights, and had to travel last night. Throw everything we can on net in the 1st, and hope to grab a lead. Force them to open things up and then skate them into the ground. If the Sabres score early I think they can win this one easily. If Vancouver scores first, it's going to be a long night.

Wow. Reading that Canucks board, you wonder if any of those guys have ever seen the Sabres play. One guy figures since they shut down Ottawa's #1 line, that it should be easy to beat Buff. Umm, pal, Buffalo's success is due to the multiple scoring lines they have.

Apparently Van has been playing good defense (Luongo), so they will win. Well Sabres, I hope some of you read those comments, especially the ones about how Ottawa is much better than Buffalo. The Sabres are way over-due for an offensive explosion, and that Canuck team has got to be tired after last night.

BTW, yippee, I'm on the first page! I'm on the first page! Fame and fortune are mine!!

Wow. Reading that Canucks board, you wonder if any of those guys have ever seen the Sabres play. One guy figures since they shut down Ottawa's #1 line, that it should be easy to beat Buff. Umm, pal, Buffalo's success is due to the multiple scoring lines they have.

Apparently Van has been playing good defense (Luongo), so they will win. Well Sabres, I hope some of you read those comments, especially the ones about how Ottawa is much better than Buffalo. The Sabres are way over-due for an offensive explosion, and that Canuck team has got to be tired after last night.

BTW, yippee, I'm on the first page! I'm on the first page! Fame and fortune are mine!!

Reading their board makes me appreciate Scott's board. :)

Sabourin is in.

In his 3 previous starts he's given up a goal very early in the game. Once giving up 2 on 3 shots. Another on his first shot of the game.

He does settle down nicely though. Imperative to get a good start.

The Canucks hang around it could be trouble. The Canucks are ripe for the picking. 2nd game in as many nights. Already a very successful roady. An early barrage by Buffalo and they'll pack it in.