Kotalik and broken sticks...

LabattBlue

I don't know what the problem is with Kotalik's sticks, but considering how often it seems that he is snapping his sticks in half, he needs to be TOLD to change sticks. This is going to cost us a goal(either for us because you lose out on a scoring chance or against us because you have a player on the ice with no stick) sooner or later.

Lorentz was laughing about this on the broadcast last night, but I hope Lindy takes it a little more seriously.

PS Am I the only one who has never liked Jim Lorentz as an analyst? I think he is about as bland as they come and doesn't seem to add a lot to the broadcasts.

I won't comment on the broken sticks, but the MSG broadcast had a shot of Kotalik on the bench with his stick blade in front of him; and I can say I can't believe he's only been caught with an illegal stick once. That thing had at least 3-1/2 inches of curve on it if not 4".

You mean Jim "For all the kids who are watching out there" Lorentz? And Jim "Marty never had a chance" Lorentz? I used to like him more back in the day -- when he had an edge and passion to his analysis.

hah. i loved how the other night in Vancouver at like midnight he drops a "for you kids out there, watch this"

PS Am I the only one who has never liked Jim Lorentz as an analyst? I think he is about as bland as they come and doesn't seem to add a lot to the broadcasts.

Hear hear :D

Roby would be ten times better...i wonder why he stopped?

About the only person i'd rather hear less is Rob Ray...

During the 1st intermission, did you hear Ray's side-kick say: "Well Razor...it looks like they (the Sabres) are playing a better version of themselves (refering to Calgary) tonight"..........and Ray was snoozin' and missed the point and says something like "they (Sabres) are not playing that good tonight"

I laughed my ass off!

I think kotaliks heavy slappers are whats breaking his sticks... (obviously lol) but really he should change to a wood stick or have one of the companies design a stick specifically for him or modify it for him so it would suit his playing style but still be somewhat legal.

Archived