Gilbert's 500th Photo

Tarrytown

Just a quick question for the board...

I was lucky enough to be at the Aud to witness Gilbert's 500th goal. It was fantastic! I was also fortunate to be sitting about 10 rows behind the Devils crease...when the milestone was reached.

The next weekend the Buffalo News had a full page color photo of the celebration and I was (or at least my toroso) was in the photo (in my old sad Barrasso jersey). I lost my copy of the photo over the years (I have moved way too many times) and would like to get another copy.

Anybody have any thoughts on where I might find the photo? The Buffalo News online photo database doesn't go back to the mid- 80s.

I would appreciate any insights on what to do. I guess that I could call the News directly...but I hate to get involved in the phone maze that such an effort could become.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
It took me a while to check back at that post - but I am in it...the one in the Sabre jersey...just above Gilbert's head.

Thanks for the help guys.

Oh yeah? well i'm on the "aud-ios" poster hanging above the garbage can next to the exit of the transit road--the one across fromt he transit regal--mighty taco. Just bring a magnifying glass and scan the reds.

also, i'm sure the buffalo news would sell you a copy of the original picture, or at least a paper, for the right price. Make some calls or office visits.

Archived