GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

My take on the Sabres "lack of effort" is this: They have sunken into predictable patterns of passing, and other teams are doing their scouting. They probably all review the tapes of our games with Ottawa. I think eventually we'll crack into a slightly different style and they will shine again. But right now, the other teams have Buffalo out of sync, and when that happens, they get tired out trying to chase down bad passes, etc.

I seem to remember them being more agile early in the season- when teams covered them close, they did more dump and chase; when teams played off a bit they played more of a control game. Now they seem stuck in a control rut and tend to hang onto the puck a little to long at a stretch instead of passing it on.

The other thing is that it seems like they are NEVER catching passes cleanly. I think maybe the other teams are getting into the (predictable) passing lanes and the passes have to either be "saucered" through the air and bounce, or they are off target and need to be chased down, both of which disrupt the flow.

The best player lately seems to be Maxim, and he seems a bit quicker in his reactions with respect to deciding when to carry the puck and when to pass it. It's the fact that he passes it when he should that makes him stand out lately (as opposed to trying for the end-to-end rush too frequently). I can't see today's game, though, so I'm not sure if that's true right now.

RJ has still not recovered from the Miller save, he just called Hecht, "Hajt" ...

NESN had a commercial during the Intermission featuring a guy named Bill Hite...made me stop in my tracks.

Nice sucker punch, :censored:

By my calcs, BFLO is playing a pretty good 3rd... Outshooting the B's 10-7 or so...

WE REALLY NEED A PP AND A GOAL NOW! THAT WOULD BUILD CONFIDENCE?

The first two BOS goals... Were any "soft?"

If so... I can logically swap that one for the one you guys sad was spectacular...

The goal that Boston got with a second left was more lucky then soft. It was a fluke for sure. Let's winner in overtime!

Fluke... Well Miller made good on the sure one!

Seems they lifted out of the 1st period funk and now closed the gap in shots to 23-34!

Good job guys! Too bad you couldn't pick up one in regulation...

At least 1 point is a good step then losing three in a row! And on the road (which means nothing to this team)

:D